Job Title Test Engineer- Syracuse, NY
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you’re innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen – share our vision and grow with us.
About our team:
The Engineering Test Lab performs tests on hardware and software changes, across the entire Raymond product line, prior to customer release. We support Reliability, Engineering, Marketing, and Manufacturing.
About the position:
We’re looking for a Test Engineer at our facility in Syracuse, NY to complete testing and analysis on Raymond’s full portfolio of forklift, warehouse management systems, energy, and automated solutions. You will:
- Create innovative solutions for basic to complex vehicle systems utilizing traditional electrical and software engineering techniques such as design, development, implementation, maintenance, test, and evaluation.
- Be the test point contact for multiple projects. Understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately in an evolving and dynamic environment.
- Complete assignments that are broad in nature which require originality and ingenuity to complete.
- Have project management responsibilities for small projects or subsets of large projects.
- Participate in the integration and regression testing of software and system functionality.
- Create test plans, templates, and strategies for multiple test flows such as unit tests, functional tests, and hardware in-/out-of-loop tests.
- Ensure test results are documented and submitted.
- Keep manager informed of progress, changes, priorities, and project cost/schedule status.
- Provide support for new product development teams.
- Work with cross-functional groups at the direction of a lead engineer or program manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering (electrical, software, systems, control systems, mechatronics, or computer), computer science, or a related field.
- 1+ year of engineering experience.
- Ability to plan, organize, and carry out technical activities with strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in both independent and group settings.
It would be great if you had:
- Familiarity with Linux development environment.
- Solid understanding of programming techniques using C, C++, C#, Python, Structured Text or similar languages.
- Basic understanding of network and communications technology – CAN, TCP/IP, Ethernet, UWB, Bluetooth, etc.
- Experience with virtual and/or physical servers running Windows.
- Industrial control systems experience including PLCs, OPC Servers, or Kepware.
- Knowledge of interface development between warehouse or manufacturing control systems and third-party software and hardware solutions.
- National Instruments LabVIEW, VeriStand, TestStand experience.
- Experience with Vector CAN Tools, XCP, Hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) testing, Matlab/Simulink, dSpace AutomationDesk and ControlDesk.
About the total compensation package:
Benefits – We recognize the value of a comprehensive benefits program for our employees and work tirelessly to make sure our package meets the needs of our employees and their families. Eligible employees can elect and participate in a variety of benefits including:
- Medical and Rx Plan options
- Dental and Vision Plan options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Accident, Critical Illness, and Indemnity Insurance
- ID Theft Protection
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Profit Sharing Plan based on annual profitability
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal & Volunteer Time
- Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Aid Program
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.