We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that is important. GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day. We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can't turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Systems Administrator joining our team to support our government client's activities in their locations.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. The Systems Administrator supports and manages the responsibilities of the successful completion of all tasks in assigned projects.
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Understand all the different systems that are monitored in the help desk and the Tier level responsibilities for the systems.
- Provide IT Service Management functions and first level troubleshooting to all customers. – Use procedures to perform identification, troubleshooting, and diagnosis of failures and restore system capability to operations. – Analyze, diagnose, and isolate failures to hardware. – Directly replace or coordinate replacement of hardware failures. – Collect data for proper escalation and resolution by Tier 2/3.
- Perform network management services to include: monitoring network device health and status, monitoring network performance and utilization optimization.
- Perform OS monitoring, Commercial of the Shelf (COTS) software monitoring, custom software monitoring, resource memory allocation, etc.
- Perform modifications to authorized user lists, user profiles, and file system maintenance.
- Understand all ITSM processes and document work accurately and effectively through the use of a ticketing system.
- Perform visual inspections of hardware and document/report all findings.
- Understand the Program Service Level Agreements (SLA) to ensure proper completion of work within timelines.
- Manage account requests and provide account management responsibilities for personnel on numerous systems.
- Know all functional leads and technicians for all the managed systems by the program.
- Understand local site command and hierarchy.
- Know POC's for systems that the Program does not have responsibility for.
- Interface with customers and government officials.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Bachelor Degree in a related technical or military discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work/military experience.
- Shift work (Panama Schedule – 12 hours/day for a total of 7 days over 2 week period) Shifts are 6 AM to 6 PM.
- 3+ years of related experience in systems administration.
- Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client, all candidates must hold a TS/SCI and be willing to take and pass a Polygraph if requested.
- Must possess an appropriate and current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either valid CompTIA Security+ CE, Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) -Security. CompTIA Security+ CE Certification is the preferred certification. In addition, candidate must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Training within six (6) months of Hire Date.
- Provides operational support and management for our Customer's Mission IT systems, making decisions on fix actions that may be needed in order to solve the issue at hand.
- Manages patch releases of the customer Mission IT systems with the appropriate parties
- Manages the account administration of the customer Mission IT systems
- Password management
- Account and group management (creates, deletes, moves, etc)
- Maintains documentation that is specific to the customer Mission IT systems for our roles on the program
- Administers fix actions to issues associated with the customer Mission IT systems reported by users
- Recommends replacement or recovery of configuration items associated with the customer Mission IT systems after troubleshooting and diagnosing the problem
- Manages scripts written to perform account management responsibilities for the customer Mission IT systems
- Tests new solutions or beta products in deployment on the customer Mission IT systems
- Will be instrumental in providing the right training to our help desk and account management personnel on the program
- Will monitor the incident queues to ensure timeliness based on the priorities and customer satisfaction.
Years of Experience
3 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
Security+, CE – comp tia
U.S. Citizenship Required
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.