Transition Furniture Project Manager – Part Time
At Gilbane we’re building more than buildings, we’re helping create schools, hospitals, laboratories and other facilities across the United States and throughout the world that will be helping people live better for decades to come. As a fifth generation family business we’ve built the best team in the industry with a culture of caring that treats every one of our employees as a trusted member of the Gilbane family. We also invest in our employees’ education and have built Gilbane University into the top training organization in the construction industry. If you have the desire to make a real difference in people’s lives and become part of a growing organization that treats you like member of the family – you will feel right at home at Gilbane.
Transition Furniture Project Manager – Part Time
The Part-Time Transition Furniture Project Manager is responsible for the implementation and tactical execution of project activities on a furniture design project. Transition Project Manager may be responsible for managing a small, short term project or a specific task area on a larger project.
Transition Furniture Project Manager typical responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to the following:
* Require extensive furniture design reconfigurations as well as minor changes to be able to increase occupancy in existing spaces.
* Furniture design in support of construction projects at clients existing office spaces.
* Develop furniture office layout solutions may require several different options using CAD for the client to choose the option that meets their needs the most.
* The design and office layouts will be a combination of existing and new, or all existing, or all new furniture combinations.
* This individual will provide pricing and budget requirements as well as prepare Scope of Works for the requirements above working with furniture vendors as well as identification and specification of the furniture.
* Will require working with furniture vendors to communicate and review layouts that meet the client’s needs and expectations.
* Will require working with the Client’s FM department to validate construction progress and space readiness for the furniture installation or reconfiguration.
* Provide quality control of the furniture installation to verify that all materials have been installed per the design.
* Be able to review building site plans and specifications, including engineering data, maintenance records, and other data that will need to be reviewed prior to conducting field visits.
* Be able to conduct facility site visits in the areas that will require design work, and be able to articulate and draw what the current conditions are for furniture planning and design.
* Must be able to create and provide the following deliverables:
* Design Delivery schedule – A coordinated schedule between the furniture vendor, the client, and the facilities maintenance department.
* Create, maintain, and update furniture designs in CAD
* Create, maintain, and update product inventory
* Attend regularly schedule meetings with the Client, Facility Management Project Managers, and other staff to facilitate furniture work
* Provide project updates as well as staff updates in these meetings
* Facilitate as required project meetings, formal and informal, and provide meeting minutes of the project meetings.
* Provide quality control for all project services and deliverables.
* Professionally communicating information at multiple levels within the client’s organization.
* Serve as the direct point of contact for the client on the furniture design Call order
* Working independently to identify required tasks and initiate activity.
* Presenting information to the client in professional formats to facilitate decision making.
* Developing and implementing the plans for new/reuse furniture, fixtures and equipment.
* Preparing project weekly/ monthly reports including status of work, costs, schedule, safety, etc.
* Reading, comprehending and monitoring adherence to contracts while mitigating client and company risk.
* Providing direction to sub-contractors as required and consistent with the client’s direction.
* Conducting onsite supervision of inventory, installation or move activity (including nights and weekends).
* BS or MS degree in logistics or related field.
* 3-5 years of furniture design with major manufactures such as Steel Case and Herman Miller.
* 3-5 years of project/relocation management experience in projects involving activation and occupancy of new space.
* Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Multi-tasking, problem solving, hands-on, flexible, and enjoys field work.
* Knowledgeable in research lab equipment and specialized vendor planning.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Proficient in CAD, MS Office Suite, Microsoft Project and PowerPoint critical.
* Excellent listening and assessment skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to navigate and resolve issues in political environments.
* Construction document and drawing literate with knowledge of all phases of construction.
* Knowledge of Access database development a plus.
* Detailed knowledge of at least one TPM market sector, such as healthcare, government/military, research and development/laboratory, or higher education.
* Ability to operate independently and experience in using project schedules to track and manage facility activation and move related activity.
* Prior experience with federal government agency projects with multiple clients.
* Must be proactive, stay engaged and win the clients confidence.
* Willingness to get their hands dirty out in the field and also generate professional documentation/management tools to communicate to staff and project team.
Excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits, generous profit-sharing/401k plan, as well as technical and management training programs.
Gilbane is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Gilbane has an unwavering focus on safety, the environment and caring about everyone involved in our work.
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Gilbane is not accepting unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters at this time.
Rockville, Maryland, United States
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.