Transition Project Manager
At Gilbane we’re building more than buildings, we’re helping create schools, hospitals, laboratories and other facilities across the United States and throughout the world that will be helping people live better for decades to come. As a fifth generation family business we’ve built the best team in the industry with a culture of caring that treats every one of our employees as a trusted member of the Gilbane family. We also invest in our employees’ education and have built Gilbane University into the top training organization in the construction industry. If you have the desire to make a real difference in people’s lives and become part of a growing organization that treats you like member of the family – you will feel right at home at Gilbane.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Transition Project Manager is responsible for the implementation and tactical execution of all project activities on a transition project, either individually or through supervision of less senior project staff. Transition Project Manager may be responsible for managing a small, short term project or a specific task area on a larger project.
TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES: Transition Project Manager typical responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to the following:
* Oversee and provide guidance to project staff in all matters involving written and verbal communication
* Communicate information at multiple levels within the client’s organization
* Serve as the direct point of contact for the client on smaller projects
* Conduct all project meetings, formal and informal, with the owner, design team, vendors, etc.
* Establish project protocols for project specific types of documentation
* Work independently to identify required tasks and initiate activity
* Present information to the client in facilitation of decision making
* Implement the Furniture, Fixture and Equipment plan
* Prepare project monthly reports including costs, schedule, safety, etc.
* Monitor adherence to the contract
* Conduct performance reviews for direct reports
* Assert the authority and decision making required for managing the assigned project or project task
* Gain exposure to financial project management and accountability
* Provide direction to sub-contractors as required and consistent with the client’s direction
* BS or MS degree in logistics or related field
* 3-5 years of project management experience
* Or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Proficient in MS Office
* Excellent listening skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Construction document and drawing literate with knowledge of all phases of construction
* Knowledge of scheduling software, CADD and Access database
* Detailed knowledge of at least one TPM market sector, such as healthcare, government/military, research and development/laboratory, or higher education
WORKING CONDITIONS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently or occasionally required to:
* Sit, stand or walk
* Climb or balance
* Stoop, crouch and step over obstacles
* Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs
* Work in outdoor conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity
* Work in environment with dust, loud noise and/or vibrations
Excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits, generous profit-sharing/401k plan, as well as technical and management training programs.
Gilbane is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Gilbane has an unwavering focus on safety, the environment and caring about everyone involved in our work.
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Gilbane is not accepting unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters at this time.
rockville, Maryland, United States
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.