GDIT is seeking a Data Scientist to support its Technology Shared Services (TSS) Data Science team, developing predictive models, machine learning algorithms, and delivering data-driven solutions. As the Data Scientist, you will support GDIT's customers with data-informed solutions tailored to their unique needs.
You will find yourself at the heart of GDIT's customer-centric approach, playing a pivotal role in ensuring our customers successfully meet their strategic goals. You will use your project management and data skills to promote organizational goals to completion. If you enjoy collaborating with others in a fast-paced environment, you will find this role to be both rewarding and challenging.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own. Bring your creativity to help us find simple solutions to complex problems. By owning your opportunity at GDIT, you'll play an essential part in preparing our nation for the future. At GDIT, our employees are driven, resourceful, and unwavering.
GDIT is committed to fostering economic growth and prosperity in Louisiana, with established operations in multiple locations throughout the state, including facilities in New Orleans, Natchitoches, and our Integrated Technology Center in Bossier City, LA. This position offers the flexibility to work 100% remotely from anywhere within the state of Louisiana.
HOW A DATA SCIENTIST WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Present insights to both technical and non-technical team members and stakeholders, assisting in making informed, data-driven decisions.
- Contribute to a variety of complex data-related projects, including machine learning, predictive modeling, and analytics.
- Leverage large sets of structured and unstructured data to develop tools and techniques for robust data analysis.
- Collaborate with different teams to understand their data needs and create solutions that solve problems and streamline workflows.
- Continually evaluate emerging technologies and stay updated on modern data science trends to implement in future projects.
- Provide input into the development of data science approaches for current client projects and the scoping of future projects.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- BA/BS (or equivalent years of experience)
- 2+ years of relevant experience
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to present complex data insights to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate insights with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good team player, able to manage multiple assignments, and adapt to changing client needs.
- Skilled in implementing advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, and proper usage, etc.)
- Experienced in implementing some machine learning techniques (may include supervised and unsupervised learning, deep learning, natural language processing, ensemble methods, dimensionality reduction)
- Skilled in programming languages like Python, R, SQL, and experience in working with data visualization tools like Tableau, Power BI.
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (like Keras or PyTorch), libraries (like scikit-learn), and computing platforms (like Jupyter)
- Demonstrated experience consulting with internal and external customers to understand business needs and make recommendations.
- Previous experience in the defense or government sector
- Familiarity with cloud services: AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, etc.) and big data tools is plus.
- Experience in optimization algorithms and natural language processing is a plus.
- Experience with web applications is a plus.
- Data science and cloud certifications are a plus (Certified Data Scientist (CDS), AWS Certified Machine Learning – Specialty, Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Scientist Associate, IBM Data Science Professional)
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
• Full-flex work week to own your priorities at work and at home
• 401K with company match
• Comprehensive health and wellness packages
• Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
• Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
• Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
• Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
Years of Experience
2 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.