Agency: U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
Position: Information Technology Specialist, SK-2210-14
Promotion Potential: SK-14
Location: Washington, DC
Salary: $140,830 – $238,592 per year
Open & Close Dates: 04/27/2023 to 05/11/2023
Vacancies: One (1)
Job Link: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/722045500
This position is located in the Division of Enforcement’s Office of Market Intelligence (OMI). OMI is responsible for a number of intelligence and analytic programs, including the intake, analysis, and evaluation of thousands of tips, complaints, and referrals (TCRs), and other intelligence that the SEC receives each year, and the referral of this intelligence for potential investigation or other action.
Conditions of Employment:
This position is open to U.S. Citizens.
Typical duties include:
- Serving as a leading authority for sourcing, collecting, and structuring data and developing analytical work products and enterprise reports related to the Commission’s Tips, Complaints and Referrals (TCR) System and other systems related to TCRs.
- Analyzing, designing, and integrating TCR database information into user-friendly, custom-built, reports and visualizations related to investigations, litigations, examinations, rule makings, and internal and external reporting.
- Performing a consultative role by working with staff to help determine data and analysis needs, suggest solutions, explain results, and present analysis related to TCR information by developing, creating, and managing complex data reports in cross-functional collaboration with end-users across the Commission.
- Refer to the announcement on USAJOBS.gov for additional information.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sector. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Qualifying education must have been obtained from an accredited college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
BASIC REQUIREMENT: Applicants must possess IT related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies:
- Reviewing work to ensure it is in line with established standards or to identify deficiencies (Attention to Detail);
- Collaborating with customers to identify their information technology needs or to resolve their hardware and software problems (Customer service);
- Explaining technical information orally to non-technical audiences (Oral Communication); and
- Evaluating alternatives to recommend solutions to hardware or software problems (Problem Solving).
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENT: In addition to meeting the basic requirement, applicants must also meet the minimum qualification requirement.
SK-14: Applicant must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS/SK-13 level: Specialized experience includes:
- Applying expertise with back-end databases including Oracle such as Oracle Fusion Middleware platform and SQL Server (PL/SQL, SQL Server, and T-SQL) to identify and obtain required TCR related data and then apply expertise with front-end database reporting and visualization tools including MSTR and/or Tableau; AND
- Generating and customizing analytical reports from databased tables and structures using SQL with MSTR outputs in MS Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat formats for end users.
A MicroStrategy Master Analysis Certification or similar certification is preferred but not required.
Official transcripts will be required at the time of appointment to verify education.
SEC Compensation Program: The overall salary range listed above is provided for informational purposes as it represents the full range that is applicable to current employees in this occupation/grade; however, a selectee’s initial pay is always set below the maximum rate of the range. Please click here for additional information.
Additional guidance and application instructions can be found here: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/722045500
To apply for this job please visit www.usajobs.gov.