MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More: https://www.mathworks.com/company/jobs/resources/hybrid-model.html.
The MATLAB App Building and Graphics team is looking for a software engineer to improve the performance of our user interface building tools. We solve complex infrastructure problems that span entire user interface building platform in multiple languages.
This role has many interesting and unique challenges:
- Optimizing the execution and rendering times of our web technology driven UIs
- Efficiently transferring large amounts of data through our web service layer
- Using tooling to instrument and analyze multiple languages and layers
The ideal candidate for this role is someone with experience optimizing large systems, paralyzing computation and thinking outside the box with performance in mind.
MathWorks nurtures growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values teamwork, shares success, and rewards excellence.
- Play a key role in setting the vision for the performance of user interface building tools
- Leverage modern profiling tools to instrument, visualize hot spots, and refactor for optimal performance
- Engage in all aspects of software development processes. Understand use cases from our internal clients, create requirements and architecture specifications, conduct design reviews, and generate high quality software design solutions.
- Excellent OO design and API design skills. Appreciation for elegant designs
- Experience with performance analysis and optimization in C++
- Ability debugging large and complex code bases
- Exposure to strong object oriented design, SOLID design principles
- Must have clear, articulate communication skills, both verbal and written, and be able to leverage UML for communicating solutions
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.