DC – Washington
UI/UX Designers are a part of the entire product design life cycle, from creating sketches and conceptual wireframes to designing and implementing rich user interfaces. They contribute to all aspects of design: visual, user experience, product and interaction. Our digital products include desktop; responsively designed websites; and mobile apps.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
The successful candidate’s core responsibilities will include, but not to be limited to:
– Work closely with users, clients, designers and engineers to define interface and user requirements
– Create and manage design patterns throughout product
– Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
– Establish and promote guidelines, best practices and standards for design
– Analyze, map, and optimize user flow
– Own features and experiences from initial concept to released product
– Develop new approaches to complex interface and UX problems, and convey these designs in the form of presentations, prototypes, and design specifications
– Design and prototype innovative interfaces that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
– 5+ years of experience designing interfaces for mobile and desktop
– Experience designing graphic assets in Gliffy, Photoshop, Sketch, Balsamiq, etc.
– Ability to design for mobile (apps and/or responsive design)
– Eye for clean design and UX consistency across platforms
– Experience implementing user centered design while working in an agile/scrum development process
– Experience with Section 508 and WCAG
– A great attitude, collaborative spirit and openness to giving and receiving feedback
– Outstanding communication skills
– Portfolio Required
– Bachelor’s degree and MIS or Computer Science preferred
– U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidates selected must be able to successfully pass a client background investigation
Additional Desired Qualifications:
– Currently holds a DHS Public Trust Clearance
– Department Homeland Security (DHS) Experience
Planned Systems International provides our customers with value-added management consulting and information technology services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit mankind. From Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on making our clients’ businesses run smoother and better. With a highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art information technologies, the industry’s most advanced methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S. Government agencies and the commercial sector.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including:
Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
NOTE TO JOB SERVICE:
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.