Universal Orlando Resort believes in-person collaboration is key to our success. Many of our Team Members work in a hybrid capacity, contributing from the workplace a minimum of three days per week. Some remote opportunities are available within specific departments. There are also roles that require being on-site full time. You’ll learn more about this during the application process.
JOB SUMMARY: The Associate Programmer Analyst’s role is work with the business and technology team to define, configure, test, analyze, and deliver technology solutions and to liaison with the vendor and internal teams as required. This would include understanding of business area processes and configuration that would support the functional area needs to facilitate the analysis of the requested needs, the configuration of the system, and initial testing of the requests. The UKG Associate Programmer Analyst will also research, design, document, and modify solutions throughout the project life cycle.
This position is based in Orlando, Florida and may require travel to other NBCUniversal parks and properties on occasion.
- Independently assess user access issues, application errors, and data problems to ensure proper support
- Utilizes independent judgement and discretion in the maintenance of the Team Member Technology systems by ensuring compliance with operational and regulatory requirements through the review, testing and implementation of upgrades, enhancements, and patches
- Serves as a liaison with multiple business areas by understanding the systems and processes in the specified areas. Work with customers, peers, and fellow team members to accomplish significant goals by effectively communicating with all parties required. Documents system business requirements, specifications, and test cases on an enhancement or project in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Leads small projects under 100k with little or no integration and assists with medium projects under 200k with limited integration. Participates in complex projects over 200k with multiple integrations with leadership and provides input on opportunities for improvement of the systems by being knowledgeable about applicable system capabilities and functional areas.
- Observes security policies in accessing, securing, and protecting confidential and sensitive information including the monitoring of access.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: Use established methodologies and tools to meet Service Level Agreements and provide input to improve practices. Track and report progress on projects to leadership. Demonstrate functional expertise in specific areas and work directly with peers and user community. Learn new technology from senior positions. Demonstrate proficiency in applicable systems which may include Kronos Workforce Central Timekeeping, Kronos Workforce Central Advanced Scheduling, Kronos Workforce Central Attendance, Kronos Analytics, and other Team Member Technology Services applications.
EDUCATION: Bachelor degree desired in one or more of the following fields: Business Administration, Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 1-3 years relevant work experience. Experience participating in projects for a varied employee base. Requires the use of sound business judgment and confidentiality while performing assigned tasks. Conflict resolution and problem solving techniques required.
- 1-3 years’ experience with configuration of Kronos Workforce Central
- 1-3 years’ experience with Kronos Connect or Workforce Integration Manager
- 1-3 years’ experience with Kronos Analytics 7.0 or higher
- 1-3 years’ experience with Kronos Advanced Scheduler configuration and support
- 1-3 years’ experience with Kronos Attendance or Kronos Leave
- Experience with Kronos Navigator Configuration
- Experience supporting and configuring Kronos Timeclocks
- Skilled with SQL
- Experience with Service Pack upgrades
- Hands-on experience developing and executing test cases
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
- Experience conducting analysis of business processes and recommending improvement or efficiencies
- Able to communicate effectively with technical staff and with business partners
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies and processes
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated and directed
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the organization
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- On-call availability on a rotating basis
- Position will require working hours outside of typical business hours which could include nights and weekends as necessary to meet project deadlines and operational support needs.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Kronos Workforce Central 8.0 or higher
- Microsoft office suite including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2023 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.