Unix Systems Administrator (Senior) / Network/Systems Administrator 5
LCATNetwork/Systems Administrator 5
In this role, you will serve as a Unix Systems Administrator (Linux, Solaris) who has experience administering user accounts, performing server subsystem configuration, network management, installation of software, performing backups, configuration management and general system maintenance and an understanding of fundamental networking and distributed computing environment concepts, and the ability to write simple Shell scripts. You will have
strong Linux administration and virtualization skills, to include OS builds, Linux and VM environment (VMware), kick-start server configuration and implementation, and scripting experience to include Perl and Python. You will have strong customer service and organizational skills.
Mandatory Qualifications (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
– DoD 8570 compliance – at minimum, IAT Category, Level II
– Fully cleared (FSP) with the MD customer and able to obtain SYS access
– Strong Linux administration and virtualization skills to include:
a) OS Builds
b) Linux and VM environment (VMware)
c) Kick-start server configuration and implementation
d) Scripting experience to include Perl and Python
– Sixteen (16) years demonstrated systems administration experience administering user accounts; performing server subsystem configuration, network management, installation of software, backups, configuration management, and general system maintenance; and providing input to the design of the organizations systems and mission architecture? (A Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for four (4) years of experience, or a Master of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for six (6) years’ experience)
– Eight (8) years combined experience in each of the following:
a. system backup/restore procedures,
b. system security practices,
c. system tuning,
d. user administration,
e. software and hardware installation and maintenance,
f. file management and system troubleshooting,
g. operating systems (e.g., Windows, Unix/Solaris, LINUX) and storage filers (e.g., NetApp, Isolon)
h. system accreditation support, and
i. system configurations
– Two (2) years demonstrated experience leading teams on small to mid-size software development activities
Desired Qualifications (Education, Certifications, Experience, Skills)
– Preferred knowledge of applicable Government policies and procedures
Salient CRGT is a leading provider of health, data analytics, cloud, agile software development, mobility, cyber security, and infrastructure solutions. We support these core capabilities with full lifecycle IT services and trainingto help our customers meet critical goals for pivotal missions. We are purpose-built for IT transformation supporting federal civilian, defense, homeland, and intelligence agencies, as well as Fortune 1000 companies.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, express interest by clicking the button below (if you are viewing this position on the Salient CRGT website). If you are viewing this job posting outside of the Salient CRGT website, please visit: to express interest in this position through the Salient CRGT Careers page.
Salient CRGT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other factor prohibited by applicable anti-discrimination laws.
Salient is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/AAP employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. Salient prohibits discrimination against employees and qualified applicants for employment on a basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, marital status, national origin, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws. Salient also participates in E-Verify. Visit ************************** to learn more about the E-Verify Program.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.