What you'll do…
Is this the right role for you? If these bullet points describe you, apply and let's connect:
- You have a proven track record in developing innovative automated solutions to reduce manual work and ensure consistency across a massive multinational environment.
- You're interested in working with a team of international security experts in an integrated physical and digital retail system that spans the globe.
- You're eager to apply DevOps processes to support the deployment of security controls and standards.
- You like the challenges of delivering robust high-available solutions at large scale.
At Walmart, we prioritize innovation and data security. Our team is dedicated to maintaining a secure operating environment and preserving the trust of our customers, associates, and stakeholders. We combine a range of services and expertise to prevent fraud, detect threats, and manage digital risk and access. Our focus is on mitigating attack risks, securing cloud transformation, and fostering a culture of security and reliability within our team
What you'll do:
- Evaluate problems and develop solutions.
- Work with cross functional security engineering teams to develop tools and deliver solutions that streamline security enhancements, life cycle management and operational tasks to help better protect our associates and data.
- Optimize operations at scale with automation.
- Troubleshooting complex network and security issues.
- Participate as one of the technical leads in the Network cyber security engineering program directly influencing the technology roadmap and future capabilities on how to protect the largest retailer in the world.
What you'll bring:
- Minimum 5 years development experience.
- You have experience in developing automated solutions to common security challenges.
- You understand the importance of defining an evolving technology roadmap.
- You have a solid background in fundamentals of networking and how applications communicate securely .
- You get excited about rolling out impactful technology with minimal downtime or frictionless user experience.
- You have a customer-centric mindset while balancing usability and security.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world's leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, information systems, cybersecurity, or related area and 3years' experience in network engineering or related area at a technology, retail, or data-driven company.
Option 2: 5 years' experience in network engineering or related area at a technology, retail, or data-driven company.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Certification in Security+, Network+, GISF, GSEC, CISSP, or CCSP, Master's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, information systems, cybersecurity or related area and 1 year's experience leading information security or cybersecurity projects
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.