What you'll do at
What you'll do…
This role will be focused on the Marketplace Customer Experience and Discovery platform. Our team is growing, and we are looking for a highly motivated Staff Software Engineer – Backend who will play a critical role in the design and implementation of some of our core applications and their APIs. The Customer Experience and Discovery platform team’s mission is to offer a best-in-class, resilient, scalable and best in class ecosystem for Walmart partners.In this role, you will develop highly scalable services to process millions of requests per day and solve complex software engineering problems by leveraging state-of-the-art technology.
About the team:
Marketplace Engineering team is at the forefront of building core platforms and
services to enable Walmart to deliver vast selection at competitive prices and with best-in-class post-order experience by enabling third-party sellers to list, sell and manage their products to our customers on walmart.com. We do this by managing the entire seller lifecycle, monitoring customer experience, and deliver high- value insights to our sellers to help them plan their assortment, price, inventory. We focus on real-time indexing pipelines, web crawling, streaming analytics, distributed machine learning infrastructure. We interact with multiple teams across the company to provide scalable robust technical solutions. Primary focus of the team is to enable Walmart Marketplace Sellers to grow their business by providing Intelligent Insights, Recommendations , Tools and APIs in turn to Improve Customer experience. The team also actively collaborates with partner platform teams to ensure we continue to deliver the best experience to our sellers and our customers
You will be expected to:
- Develop intuitive software that meets and exceeds the needs of the customer and Marketplace Partners
- Influence the low level design, define implementation patterns
- Define and drive best Software development Practices Analyze and Test programs/products before formal launch to ensure flawless performance
- Communicate and Collaborate with Stakeholders to understand requirements and translate into Technical Stories and design
- Create and Define Alerting and monitoring capabilities
- Develop CI/CD pipelines and fully automate Software delivery
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Minimum 6+ years of object-oriented programming experience in Java.
- 2+ years of experience working with Microservices, and Distributed systems.
- 3+ years of experience in Data structures, algorithms.
- Experience with Rest API, Message Brokers like Apache Kakfa and NoSQL Databases like Apache Cassandra.
- Experience with Implementing various design pattern.
- Exposure to cloud infrastructure, such as Open Stack, Azure, GCP, or AWS. · Exposure to various Software Development and Test tools.
- Exposure to multiple Tech stacks.
- Excellent oral and Written communication.
Who We Are…
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy, and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
About Global Tech:
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That’s what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We’re a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human led is our true disruption
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 3 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field
221 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN, NJ 07030, United States of America