What you'll do…
As a Software Engineer III in Operations, you will create/ develop and own the monitoring framework which interfaces with various applications. You will work closely with Developers/Product/Business in various teams in supporting new applications features, services launch and manage application using automated deployment tools. You will monitor, support and deploy our multi-tenant solutions. You will help lead and grow team members.
Our team works closely with our US stores and eCommerce business to better serve customers by empowering team members, stores, and merchants with technological innovation. From groceries and entertainment to sporting goods and crafts, Walmart U.S. offers an extensive selection that our customers value, whether they shop online at Walmart.com, through one of our mobile apps, or in-store. Focus areas include customers, stores and employees, in-store service, merchant tools, merchant data science, and search and personalization.
What you'll do:
- Identifying short- and long-term solutions and timeline; reviewing and providing feedback for proposed solutions; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
- Full stack development using multiple technologies like reactjs, Java, Kafka, SQL and No SQL DB's
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
- Develop efficient code to automate repetitive/manual tasks.
- Continuously research existing systems to find more efficient/ automated ways of preventing, minimizing or resolving issues..
- Grow the leadership skill set.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor or Masters degree in computer science is preferred or 4+ years of experience in the software engineering field with exposure to supply chain or retail operations or enterprise systems
- Programming expertise on Java 8, Shell Scripting, .NET
- SQL and no-SQL Databases such as MongoDB, MS SQL, Cassandra, Cosmos DB, AZURE SQL, Elastic
- Knowledge on EM IOT Platform – edge platform
- Data Engineering – Scala/Pyspark/Spark/SQL/Cloud – azure/GC
- Monitoring & Alerting tools such as Splunk, Medusa, Kibana
- Running infrastructure with public or private cloud environments and platforms like Azure, Kubernetes, Dockers
- Some experience leading tech teams
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world's leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related area.Option 2: 4 years' experience in software engineering or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.