What you'll do…
As a SQL Server DB Engineer, you'll work on all aspects of database engineering and administration, while also providing regular maintenance support. You will design, build, engineer and support SQL Server databases for applications that runs the Distribution Center business and Home Office in both private and public cloud. Activities include building new databases/tables/indexes, providing consultations to the Dev teams on best practices, migrating databases to new environments / database upgrades, support Dev teams to rewrite complex SQLs for better performance, performance tuning of SQLs, monitoring and taking preventive actions for the environments, design and setup DR databases and various automation.
The DevOps team provides stability of the services powering the distribution centers. Each day our explore opportunities to improve the service scale, availability, delivery and reliability by building tools, automation, dashboards and framework. They reach to incidents, mitigate the problems, do incident management, problem management and heavily liaise with the Dev architects and platform product owners. They work on various technology services like Kubernetes, Kafka, IBM MQ, SQL Server, Azure SQL, Cosmos, Cassandra, Storm, Spark and others. Our engineers cross-learn and adapt to new technology needs.
What You'll Do
- Build and administer SQL Server environments – creating new databases / users / database objects, migrating to new environments / versions, performance tuning of SQL's.
- Liaise with Dev team, analyze requirements, provide consultation on design, provide approvals prior to database deployments into PROD.
- Design, build (or create) new automation tools/workflows or debug existing ones.
- Resolve moderate to complex (P1, P2 and P3) incidents and problems effectively in a timely manner
- Work on database upgrade, patching and migration projects and provide consultation for new projects work or design assistance.
- Build (or rebuild) tools/reports for monitoring enhancement.
- Provide DBA support to application teams / 3rd party vendor partners in Dev, QA and Production environments related to access, data refresh, promoting changes etc.
What You'll Bring
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in database administration of which 2-3 years in working with Dev teams on database design and architecture
- Work experience in production environment with SQL development and tuning skills.
- Hands-on experience with MS SQL Server and exposure to Cloud solutions (aka Azure, Google Cloud) etc
- Hands-on experience with Azure SQL
- Strong database troubleshooting skills, ability to quickly identify and resolve issues.
- Expert in performance tuning, identifying performance bottlenecks, work with Dev to rewrite optimized SQL
- Experience in database maintenance – patching, upgrade, etc
- Experience in HA/DR configurations, setup and implementation
- Exposure/knowledge on any scripting languages such as Power Shell, Perl, Python etc.,
- Experience across the product development SDLC and knowledge on AGILE/DevOps practice.
- Ability to work with distributed teams in a collaborative and productive manner.
- Knowledge/experience in NoSQL database is an added advantage.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world's leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related area.Option 2: 4 years' experience in software engineering or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.