What you'll do…
You will be part of a global engineering team set up that caters to several businesses across the globe at Walmart. The team leverages/implements standard modules as well as builds custom developments that integrate with several systems meant for People related solutions. Your code / solutions could potentially enable millions of users achieve efficiency in their day-to-day processes and thus enable massive cost savings for Walmart.
The role is of a ServiceNow engineer who is motivated to actively contribute to the design and development of ServiceNow HRSM Module along with Portal. The role is expected to make a difference to the product in terms of the design and contribute towards identifying technical risks and find solutions to various problems.
The Enterprise People Technology team supports the successful deployment and adoption of new People technology across the enterprise. As a Fortune #1 company, our work impacts millions of associates globally. We strive to continuously improve people technology and products to help managers and associates so they can focus on what matters most – supporting our customers and members. People Technology is one of the major segments of Walmart Global Tech's Enterprise Business Services, which is invested in building a compact, robust organization that includes service operations and technology solutions for Finance, People, and the Associate Digital Experience.
What you'll do:
- Build, test and deploy cutting edge solutions at scale, impacting associates of Walmart worldwide.
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Work closely with the Tech Leads/Architects and cross functional teams and follow established practices for the delivery of solutions meeting QCD (Quality, Cost & Delivery) within the established architectural guidelines.
- Writing and developing code, conducting unit testing, communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders
- Troubleshoots business and production issues by reviewing and analyzing information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause)
- Driving proof-of-concept and implementing prototypes to validate ideas.
- Responsible for assessing bugs priority & severity, effectively communicate to stakeholders.
- Be part of on-call rotation to support applications, identify issues and work towards resolution.
What you'll bring:
- A deep interest and passion for technology, with a love of writing and owning codes for large-scale system engineering.
- Motivation to work with people who will challenge you at every stage in a fast-paced, results-driven agile environment with varied responsibilities.
- Self-driven problem solving, analytic, decision-making, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to provide technical leadership and mentoring to a small team of highly talented and motivated engineers to deliver solutions with highest quality.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world's leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related area.Option 2: 4 years' experience in software engineering or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science
508 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.