What you'll do…
As a Staff Software Engineer in Advertising Technology, you will:
- Lead application maintenance (corrective, adaptive, perfective) and re-engineering plans and activities and the development of documentation and training material.
- Drive application changes and enhancements, lead problem identification, technical impact analysis of maintenance activities.
- Drive the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance.
- Provide supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
About the Team:
The Sponsored Products Campaigns Management API team is responsible for developing and maintaining the programmatic interface for Walmart's Sponsored Products Advertising platform. Our focus is to ensure the reliability, scalability, and ease of use of the APIs for our partners who build applications that interact with Walmart's advertising platform. Additionally, we collaborate with other teams within Walmart to provide a seamless experience for advertisers using the self-serve platform.
What you will do:
- Build and maintain backend software services that can handle millions of requests per day to support advertising on Walmart.com and its subsidiaries.
- Utilize Spring Boot and Play framework in Java or Scala to design and implement low-latency REST APIs with Azure SQL Server and Cassandra as storage systems, enabling brand advertisers and API partners to manage ad campaigns in a self-serve manner.
- Develop and maintain APIs allowing advertisers to generate on-demand reports, perform real-time event queries, and perform ad-hoc analysis of aggregated data using Druid and Elastic Search.
- Work with modern web-based architectures, including REST APIs, Serverless, and event-driven microservices.
- Create and deploy large-scale, containerized applications using Docker and Kubernetes in public clouds like Google GCP and Microsoft Azure.
- Collaborate with other scrum teams, QA, Product, Program Management, and Partner-Ops, while partnering with cross-functional project development teams.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotations to troubleshoot production issues across cross-functional teams.
- Mentor / Manage software engineers and lead engineering projects.
- Coordinate, create, and complete technical design discussions to drive technical architecture.
What you'll bring:
- Minimum of 6 years' experience designing and implementing REST API web services using Spring Boot and/or Play Framework in Scala or Java.
- Experience building, scaling, and maintaining high-quality API products with an advertiser-centric focus.
- Knowledge of designing and testing relational database management systems such Azure SQL, and NoSQL databases like Cassandra and Elastic Search.
- Proficiency in testing and troubleshooting using JUnit tests and Mockito tests.
- A strong understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
- Familiarity with object-relational mapping tools, particularly Hibernate, is desirable.
- A growth-oriented mindset and a willingness to raise the technical bar, as well as to identify opportunities for improving existing processes, tools, and systems to achieve high scale and productivity.
- Experience working with Docker and Kubernetes a plus.
- Familiarity with Cloud Computing Services such as Google GCP and Microsoft Azure, as well as Distributed Storage Systems like Hive and Elastic Search a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to present to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A strong sense of accountability and ownership, self-discipline, and focus on high-quality deliverables, and a team-oriented approach that values design thinking, efficiency, and innovation.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world's leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.
You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .
Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .
The annual salary range for this position is $144,000.00-$216,000.00
Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.
Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:
– Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)
– Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related area.Option 2: 6 years' experience in software engineering or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering, or related area and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related area
860 W CALIFORNIA AVENUE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-0000, United States of America
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.