GovCIO is a team of transformers–people who are passionate about transforming government I.T. We believe in making a difference by developing digital strategies and delivering the technology-related innovation that improves governmental operations each day.
But we can't do it alone. We welcome and nurture an inclusive and diversified work culture. Because different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives make us better decision-makers, problem solvers, and creators. We're changing the face of I.T. – from our diverse staff to the end-products we develop. And we're excited to expand our team. Are you ready to be a transformer?
The USAID Strategic Programs contract supports various USAID Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) divisions. The scope of the program includes support services for the following OCIO organizational functions: 1- Enterprise Architecture and Engineering Management; 2- Policy, Process, and Quality Management; 3- FITARA Support; 4- Audit and Reporting; 5- Project Management Office (PMO); and 6- Major Investments Management.
Ensure the reliability, security, and optimal performance of the USAID IT infrastructure by developing, improving, and maintaining the EA models, standards, and reference artifacts and then ensuring compliance by communicating, monitoring, and enforcing. The Data Architect serves as the team expert on data layer configurations, security, services, and strategic objectives. Serve as an escalation tier to the Operations & Maintenance contractor responsible for the day-to-day activities and support operational services. Participate in system design, enhancement and disaster recovery site planning and testing providing data layer expertise / management.
- Communicates with technical, applications, and operational staff, in order to design an optimized database architecture (performance, accessibility, backup, and recovery plan).
- Analyzes and makes recommendations for improvements to existing software regarding database performance, stability, usability and scalability.
- Performs logical and physical data modeling, designs relational database models and creates physical data models from logical data models.
- Designs database servers and interfaces to improve database and application performance.
- Supports the development effort by authoring stored procedures, functions, views and check constraints.
- Coordinates the planning, design, and installation of equipment, using knowledge of engineering and programming as well as sophisticated instruments and computers
- Participates in system conceptual design and documentation of the design concepts.
- Installs all new hardware, systems, and software for networks.
- Designs, creates, and builds network services, equipment and devices.
- Generates system level requirements verification procedures and customer acceptance test procedures.
- Monitors system performance and implements performance tuning.
- Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they meet the objectives of the contractual requirements and participates in the testing process to validate requirements.
BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline as well as Technology Certifications with 12+ years (or commensurate experience)
Required Skills and Experience
- Be a seasoned Data Architect with federal and/or commercial experience.
- Hands on knowledge with data management and data architecture experience.
- Hands on knowledge with Conceptual/Logical/Physical data modeling experience.
- Hands on knowledge with Entity Relation Diagram (ERD) notation experience.
- Conduct research, develop position papers, reports and presentations for briefings to application teams.
- Work within interdisciplinary teams to ensure that organizational information exchange requirements are identified and met.
- Assist in designing and development of
- Data related Reference Architectures
- Master data models and reference models
- Metadata Registries and Management processes
- Data standards
- Data Dictionaries
- Work with governance teams to identify data governance and applicable standards.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- TOGAF certification
- Knowledge and experience with National Information Exchange Model (NIEM)
- Knowledge and experience with the Data Management Association’s (DAMA) Data Management Body of Knowledge (DMBoK)
- Knowledge and experience with Big Data technologies
- Experience and understanding of International development with some background in the international space or with companies that are involved or connected in some way with international projects similar to what USAID provides aid to – and are typically related to:
- Improving global health,
- Enhancing food security and agriculture;
- Improving environmental sustainability;
- Promoting education;
- Helping societies prevent and recover from conflicts; and
- Providing humanitarian assistance in the wake of natural and man-made disasters
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.