Capterra, a Gartner company, is a free service to help businesses find the right software. We offer the most comprehensive list of business software solutions on the web so that you’re guaranteed to find your best match. We’re located in the Ballston neighborhood of Arlington, Virginia mere blocks from the Metro and surrounded by nearby restaurants, parks, and the Ballston Commons Mall. We’ve been named one of the best places to work in the DC area by the Washington Business Journal, and Capterra has been listed in the Inc. 5000 for being one of the fastest growing companies in the country for the past 7 years.
About the Job
This is a hands-on role focused on contributing to the processes of product discovery, design and development. You will work closely with our Sr. UX Designer, product managers and visual designers to create quality, device agnostic user experiences and interfaces.
What you’ll do
– Collaborate with the design, product, and engineering teams to create world class user experiences.
– Use data and observation to understand our users and to develop insights into improvements for user experience and flow.
– Understand and interpret customer needs, as well as business and functional requirements.
– Understand the balance of user experience, business need, and time-to-market, and recommend tradeoffs where appropriate.
– Create UX documentation — transaction flows, scenarios, wireframes, navigation models, prototypes, etc. — to communicate concepts and designs.
– Define and implement interface strategies that enhance customer experience for existing and new site features.
– Measure results, understand impact.
– Understanding of the UX design process and best practices – especially as they relate to digital products.
– Experience developing and conducting usability tests.
– Experience delivering responsive web designs.
– Understanding of and experience with Google Analytics is required.
– Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and InVision is expected. Experience with Axure, UserZoom, and UserTesting is nice-to-have.
– Experience working in an Agile / Scrum development process preferred.
– A bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent design exposure. 2+ years’ experience in a UX role, with a portfolio of work.
Who you are
– You design for results.
– A great communicator. You’re an expert written and verbal communicator, and you love working directly with teammates to implement your work.
– Organized and expeditious; always deadline aware. You take pride in planning well and delivering what you promise.
What we offer
– Limitless growth and learning opportunities. We offer the excitement of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial workplace and the professional growth opportunities of an established global organization.
– A collaborative, positive culture. You’ll work with people who are as enthusiastic, smart and driven as you are.
– Outstanding compensation. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits; including a robust PTO plan and great perks.
If all this sounds right up your alley and you’re ready to join our growing team, send us your cover letter and application, and convince us why you’re the best fit for the job!
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.