Location US-CA-San Francisco
Posting date 2 hours ago(6/21/2018 10:05 AM)
Job ID 63990
Category Information Technology
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat ITteam is looking for a User Experience (UX) Designer to join us in San Francisco, CA. In this role, you will focus on building the right thing and how the users would really use it. You will be responsible for all aspects of UX and user interface (UI) including user research, rapid prototyping, wireframing, interaction design, usability and heuristics testing. You will influence the development team and coach the decision makers in delivering a compelling design. You will be uniquely positioned to magnify the impact and business outcomes from our work.
Primary job responsibilities
* Produce application mockups for web-based applications.
* Work with front-end and back-end engineers to bring software experience to life.
* Develop prototypes of new software features.
* Conduct usability testing of Core OS solutions and prototypes.
* Reduce friction for our customers during every phase of the customer life-cycle.
* Design engineering application interfaces and utilize advanced programming languages to define UX patterns and components.
* Troubleshoot UX implementation issues.
* Master’s degree in Human Computer Interaction or a related field and 1 year of experience.
* Must have experience with the following: HTML, CSS, Sketch, Illustrator, and Photoshop; Enterprise-focused products and lean methodologies; Designing UI for web applications; Storyboards, Journey Maps, Hierarchical Task Analysis, Interactive Design, and Heuristic Evaluation; Cloud Computing, Linux Kernel, and Computer Networks; Developing UI implementation specifications, mockups, and foundation themes using Balsamiq Mockups, Sketch, and Adobe Illustration; Scrum, iterative design, and developing prototypes; Defining UX patterns to ensure consistency of interface styling; WCAG; Usability Evaluation and Inspection; Planning and conducting usability testing of software products and prototypes.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.