Thermo Fisher Scientific – UX Designer Job in Carlsbad, CA
– Discover Our Stories
– Career Areas
– Field Service
– General Management
– Human Resources
– Operations & Supply Chain
– R & D
– Sales & Marketing
– Software & IT
– Military & Veteran
– Students & New Grads
– Our Culture
– Our Mission & Values
– What We Do
– Our Brands
– Diversity & Inclusion
– Corporate Responsibility
– Employee Experience
– 5 Reasons to Work at Thermo Fisher
– How To
– Virtual Lab Training
– North America
– San Francisco Bay Area
– Latin America
– Featured Areas
Careers at ThermoFisher Scientific
What Story Will You Tell?
Category CATEGORYAccounting/AuditingAdministrative ServicesBioinformaticsBusiness ManagementCommunicationsCorporate Strategy DevelopmentCustomer ServiceEngineeringFacilities / Real EstateFeaturedField ServicesFinance / EconomicsHuman ResourcesInformation SecurityInformation TechnologyInternship & ApprenticeshipLegal & ComplianceManufacturing & ProductionMarketingNew GradOperationsProcurement / PurchasingProduct ManagementProject ManagementQualityRegulatoryResearch & DevelopmentSalesScientistSoftware DevelopmentSupply Chain / Distribution
Country SELECT A COUNTRY
Or Search by Keyword
– Careers Home >
– Job Details
Job ID :
US – California – Carlsbad
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R & D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking an experienced Web Designer with strong consulting skills to work with our User Experience & Design Team. This resource will report to the User Experience Design Team Lead. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 6 years of hands-on professional experience designing interfaces for web and mobile applications.
What will you do?
– Interact with key decision makers (UX, IT Directors, etc…)
– Work with our team members to solve problems through analysis of existing systems and processes
– Work on full lifecycle projects from requirements gathering through design, implementation and rollout
– Have the flexibility to be creative and have an impact on designs with a blank slate development mentality within the general boundaries of clients ‘expectations
– Work on highly interactive custom web and mobile front-ends as well as full desktop applications
– Extensive experience designing visual user interfaces for web and mobile applications
– Ability to understand and apply brand guidelines
– Experience working hand-in-hand with clients to envision product requirements, study user interaction, and provide recommendations on experience best practices
– A strong eye for typography, layout, and color
– Proficiency with design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks.)
– Knowledge of platform specific standards and paradigms (Apple Human Interface Guidelines, Android Design Principles) and experience building unified experiences across them
– An ability to take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into elegant information flows and simple, intuitive interfaces
– A clear understanding of the differences between designing for web and mobile
– Experience in working with in a fast-paced, collaborative, and team-based project environment
– Desire and ability to work towards leading a team of 2-5 other designers and developers
– Proactive desire to continue to broaden and deepen design, technical, business and consulting skills
– Excellent leadership, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
– Familiarity or willingness to learn client side development in HTML5/CSS3
– B.A. or B.S. in a relevant field
– Willingness to travel
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Link for schema
Join our Talent Community
If you’re ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join
Refer a friend
Already work here? Help us write our next chapterRefer Now
5 Reasons to Work at Thermo Fisher ScientificView
Search Jobs by MapSearch
THE STORIES WE TELL
MY WORK IS A STORY OF MOMENTUM
INSPIRING FUTURE SCIENTISTS
Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Follow along to learn more about #LifeAtThermoFisher around the world!
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
– Thermo Scientific
– Applied Biosystems
– Fisher Scientific
– Unity Lab Services
– About Us
2018 Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
– Accessibility/Disability Access
– Terms & Conditions
– Privacy Statement
– EEO & Affirmative Action Statement
– Powered by SmashFly
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status. Read More
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. Read More
Philadelphia’s Fair Chance Hiring Law Read More
Disability Access If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, including the use of this website, please Click Here.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws; Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA); Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO); and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.