What you will do:
As a User Experience Designer, you are responsible for executing design work consistent with brand standards, design standards and customer feedback. You will take direction from Senior UX team members and require minimal guidance to deliver design work effectively. You will always advocate for user needs while effectively negotiating trade-offs with product management and engineering.
How you will do it:
– Collaborate with other UX designers, researchers and strategists to create sitemaps, workflows, wireframes, concepts, prototypes, sketches, etc.
– Take direction from and collaborate with the UX leadership, both on project work and internal UX methodologies and operations.
– Use design pattern library to create experience designs for products.
– Collaborate with project teams including engineers, product owners, product managers and others to define product experience.
– Participate in user research activities and incorporate findings into UXD deliverables.
What we look for:
– A bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) is required (advanced degree a plus).
– Minimum 2 years of experience in UX design, user research, or related fields.
– Experience participating in user research activities such as interviews and usability tests (in-person or remote) a plus.
– Proficiency with computer applications appropriate to the position and assignment.
– An understanding of the building controls and HVAC industry is a plus.
– Knowledge of industry standard wireframing, graphic design, and/or prototyping software required
– Ability to translate verbal ideas and brainstorming sessions into visual concepts and prototypes.
– Ability to refine designs throughout the development process due to scope change and technical limitations.
– Ability to create design experiences for web, mobile, and tablets.
– Demonstrates design thinking skills, with an eye for innovation and a look to the future.
– Create empathetic, user-focused product designs.
– Excellent problem solving and design thinking skills.
– Strong planning and organizational skills.
– A passion for good design and an ability to resolve challenges.
– Ability to balance user needs with business requirements.
– Occasional travel may be required to build and maintain relationships and to gain a clear understanding of user needs.
Who we are:
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran
status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email ******************************
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit *****************************************
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.