Logistics done differently.
XPO Logistics provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world’s most successful companies and we’re constantly looking for talented people to join our team. As the UX Engineer, you will play a strategic role in helping us define, design, and develop an innovative user experience. We will equip you with the best tools in the industry to grow and develop to a level that will exceed your expectations and help you build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Facilitate reviews to establish standards review to ensure application designs follow UX best practices
- Present solutions and concepts and build industry-changing applications for the 3rd party logistics industry by specifying interaction design and building prototypes or wireframes
- Work closely with Product Manager, Product Analysts, Software Engineers, QA and Subject Matter Experts on the development of new features and design
- Build efficient and reusable design components
- Gather requirements, create storyboards, user journeys, and flow diagrams
- Conduct in-person usability studies
- Perform design reviews or heuristic evaluations
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 5 or more years of related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and work experience
It’d be great if you also have:
- Advanced degree in graphic design, interface, information, interaction design, design planning, communications, marketing, humanities, social sciences, or human-centered design
- Demonstrated understanding of how substantial business value can be delivered via innovative design solutions
- Experience managing several projects simultaneously
- Strong prototyping skills
- Experience with Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience with web and mobile user interfaces
- Excellent problem-framing skills and diagrammatic sensibility with a strong orientation toward “modeling”
- Visualization skills or the ability to leverage design resources to visually articulate models
- Strong sense of process and the ability to innovate in process, tools and conventions
- Ability to work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary teams
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world’s most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L’Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.