Req ID: 18963
Employment Status: AF – Active – Regular – Full Time
The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is looking for a UX/UI designer to help reinvent the pediatric healthcare experience. We are looking to grow our Digital Health team as we explore new innovations in the use of cutting-edge technology to help us deliver a first rate experience for patients and solve the critical problems of healthcare. The ideal candidate is a skilled UX Designer with a strong interest and capability in the design and development of highly engaging user experiences. This is a hands on role, collaborating across the institution in many aspects of engagement. You will have an eye for clean design, possess superior UX skills, and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
1. Demonstrates knowledge and experience in UX/UI design to help reinvent the pediatric healthcare experience at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
2. Skilled UX Designer with a strong interest and capability in the design and development of highly engaging user experiences.
3. Ability to collaborate across the institution in many aspects of engagement.
4. Candidate should have an eye for clean design, possess superior UX skills, and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
5. Demonstrates intermediate knowledge of and expertise in the systems life cycle, system specific programming language, and project tracking software.
6. Demonstrates basic knowledge of project management and related tools.
7. Demonstrates competent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
8. Exhibits knowledge of and contributes to developing best practices, policies and procedures
9. Demonstrates the ability to create detailed work-related documentation and project and change management plans.
10. Exhibits the ability to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
11. Exhibits the ability to work with minimal supervision in support of team initiatives.
12. Demonstrates the ability to serve as a resource for other team members and to instruct other staff on various technical matters.
The responsibilities of an IS Developer II encompass identical responsibilities as an IS Developer I, but with a greater degree of complexity. An IS Developer II also:
1. Acts as project managers for moderate design projects; creates and updates project plans, issue logs, etc. in accordance with departmental standards.
2. Independently modifies existing or creates new design/wireframes to meet specific user requirements.
3. Prepares formal change implementation plans and monitors their implementation.
4. Prepares unit, system and integrated test data to meet specified requirements and conducts testing.
5. Participates in the development and maintenance of change control methods.
6. Generates moderate to complex documentation, including design specifications, flow charts, etc.
7. Acts as resource to other team members
8. Provides instruction on various technical topics to other staff members and assist in training intermediate and end-users.
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related field plus 1 to 3 years of experience
Additional Technical Requirements
1. Good oral and written communication skills.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of the Systems Development Life Cycle.
3. Healthcare interface development experience preferred.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
Email:[Click Here to Email Your Resum]
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: US*213_*********
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
Since its start in 1855 as the nation’s first hospital devoted exclusively to caring for children, The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia has been the birthplace for many dramatic firsts in pediatric medicine. The Hospital has fostered medical discoveries and innovations that have improved pediatric healthcare and saved countless children’s lives. Contact Info
– Philadelphia, PA 19107
View Company Profile
Don’t miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.