The Technical Center is seeking a senior project engineer with experience in heavy truck performance development and validation testing ranging from system to full-vehicle level evaluations. The successful candidate will possess good overall knowledge of heavy truck design, function, and major systems. Experience with steering, suspension, field test, and fuel economy evaluation is ideal. Working knowledge of industry standard test procedures and applicable heavy truck federal regulations.
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
The PACCAR Technical Center provides engineering excellence to the truck, engine, and winch divisions of PACCAR Inc through innovative product development and testing. The Technical Center is located in the Skagit Valley about 65 miles north of Seattle, Washington.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
* Works with truck division engineers to develop project plans that define test deliverables, scope of activities, labor and material costs, and schedules.
* Manages execution of multiple projects with minimal oversight to deliver results on time and within budget.
* Works with design and fabrication personnel to produce test fixtures as necessary.
* Specifies data acquisition/instrumentation needed to collect required test data and information.
* Provides detailed feedback to management and design engineering teams to ensure product performance goals are met.
* Publishes technical project reports to document test scope, methods, parts, results, and conclusions.
* Actively pursues technology advancements to improve efficiency of existing test processes and proposes new processes to enhance vehicle performance evaluations.
* Participation in industry professional organizations, i.e., SAE, EMA, etc. is encouraged.
* Observes established safety and environmental policies/procedures in daily work.
* Minimum of 7-10 years relevant experience
* Demonstrated ability and experience with managing complex, large scope projects.
* Working knowledge of heavy truck design, functional systems, and applications.
* Ability to work with designers and fabrication department to create test fixtures.
* Familiar with instrumentation and transducers used to collect ground vehicle response data.
* Skilled in defining and executing necessary data analysis and preparing summary presentations.
* MS Office suite software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
* Flexibility with personal schedule to work extra hours or weekends as needed.
* Ability to accompany drivers in truck to provide oversight and manage test activities.
* Self-starter with high initiative to solve problems and improve product performance.
* CDL and heavy truck driving experience a plus
* Ability to travel, including internationally, up to 10% for off-site road testing and customer visits.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical discipline required.
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Everett
Job Segment: Engineer, Product Development, Instrumentation, Design Engineer, Project Engineer, Engineering, Research
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.