What you’ll be doing…
Our commitment to providing secure data solutions has given our customers confidence that their most important documents, information, and media are safe and accessible and you’ll be helping us keep our cloud based solution secure. You will work with application developers, using DevOps methodologies, to create and support Cloud-based applications. Your work will make sure that customers can access their content across their devices, even on the go.
– Developing Cloud applications using agile principles.
– Implementing, monitoring, and supporting Cloud-enabled applications and services.
– Deploying and orchestrating containers on a Cloud platform.
– Writing automation scripts.
– Leading multiple projects using on-site and off-shore resources to maintain and develop applications for Verizon’s wireline and wireless field operations
– Working closely with the business team, 3rd party vendors, and other internal IT teams to deliver projects on time.
– Performing hands-on coding work on projects to introduce new modular, reusable Service/API or enhancing the existing ones.
– Performing engineering tasks associated with the analysis, design, and development of computer hardware, firmware, embedded systems, and/or operating systems.
– Do research on emerging technologies and how it can be leveraged for our field operations teams. Build prototypes/proof of concepts to evaluate feasibility
– Implement machine learning algorithms to stream line and enhance field operations productivity.
– Design and Implement business process for dispatch, installation and maintenance of Verizon products and services for wireline and wireless.
What we’re looking for…
You’re energized by the challenge of working with cloud-based technologies. You’ve got excellent communication skills, with the ability to articulate solutions clearly. Your problem-solving skills make it easy for you to develop quick and sound solutions to resolve complex issues.
You’ll need to have:
– Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
– Three or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
– A degree in computer science.
– Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies, like Cloud Formation, EC2, S3, EMR, Autoscale, Cloudwatch.
– Knowledge of one of the container technologies (Docker/Kubernetes).
– Experience with CI/CD using JIRA, Jenkins, or Ansible.
– Strong UNIX, Linux, or Databases skills.
– Experience with scripting languages like BASH, Perl, Ruby or Python.
– Java programming experience.
– Experience in designing, monitoring and supporting large-scale and highly-available systems.
– Knowledge of protocols/technologies like SOA, HTTP, SSL, LDAP, JDBC, SQL, HTML, XML.
– Experience with Cloud Foundry.
– Strong experience developing micro services.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.