Web UX Design Manager
At Honeywell Homes, we bring comfort, safety, security and wellness to millions of people all over the world. Come join us and make a difference in their lives. As announced last year Honeywell Homes is to become an independent stand-alone company, this is a great opportunity to join a new company and build a new brand experience. We are seeking an experienced and driven designer to lead user experience strategy and design for our global consumer-focused company web presence – including digital marketing, ecommerce and customer support. You will be responsible for partnering with business, marketing and engineering leaders to define and deliver a world class web experience – one that serves our customers well and helps build the new Homes brand. This role is based in our Design Studio in Golden Valley, Minnesota. It is a unique opportunity to come join a world-class experience design group at a great company. As a top candidate, you will be responsible for shaping overall web UX strategy, supporting efficient workflow processes, and delivering a great user experience. This role starts as a ‘team of 1’ with an expectation to add additional team members over time. At Honeywell Homes we use well-established human-centered design principles to ensure our products and services are the most useful, usable and desirable products in the marketplace. We are a global team with studios around the world.
Create design strategies, advanced design concepts and deliver outstanding products to market.
Collaborate with others in an interdisciplinary forum to create the framework and best practices for a world-class design studio.
Challenge your creative talents and expose yourself to diverse cultures and developing markets.
This is an incredibly exciting time to join the Homes and Global Distribution team at Honeywell! Homes and Global Distribution is a leader in the home heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) controls and security markets, and a leading global distributor of security and fire protection products. In 2018, Honeywell will be spinning off the Homes and Global Distribution business into a stand-alone, publicly traded company. Being a stand-alone company will provide the business the independence, focus, direct financial resources, and flexibility required to adapt quickly to market and customer dynamics, and we want you to be part of its evolution.
In this position, you will collaborate with business, marketing, engineering and design colleagues on site and distributed globally. People who are successful in our environment have highly collaborative skills with an ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels in multidisciplinary teams. As a top candidate, you will have the ability to drive vision and consensus on your projects. We value our people greatly and enable them to deliver achievable results against clear objectives.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Leading UX strategy and design for our global consumer-focused web presence including digital marketing, ecommerce and customer support.
* Collaborating with a cross-functional web team to improve workflow process, site performance and user experience.
* Collaborating with marketing, business and support leaders to improve customer experience and deliver on business goals and outcomes.
* Collaborating with hardware and software product teams to ensure the site supports the end-to-end customer needs for the Homes portfolio
* Leading small design teams to deliver on projects.
* Ensuring site supports and delivers a consistent brand experience.
* Providing a clear and consistent voice on end-to-end UX design to project teams & stakeholders.
* Creating and executing user-centered designs for products and services that differentiate our brands in the marketplace around the world.
* Working with a global interdisciplinary design team to create and constantly improve customer experience, market impact and brand value.
* Model Honeywell Homes core values and behaviors.
20Leading UXD major projects
20Execution of user-centered designs
20User experience design best practice creation
20Collaboration with other GExD discipline
20Roadmap definition for next generation
YOU MUST HAVE
– Bachelor’s degree
– 3 or more years experience in web design and related work.
– Outstanding portfolio or concepts and commercialized products.
– Strong experience and portfolio designing for consumer-focused web sites across a mix of marketing, ecommerce and customer support applications.
– Experience with web design and publishing workflow such as content development, asset production
– Experience translating web analytics into actionable insights and design recommendations.
– Experience with user-centered design methods including user research, usability testing, iterative prototyping, etc.
– Demonstrated experience successfully planning and executing projects and leading design teams.
– Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
– Excellent collaboration and teamwork attitude.
– Proficient user experience design skills, e.g., customer journey map, experience diagramming, task analysis, workflow design, etc.
– Experience with observational user research, ethnography, insight and synthesis.
– Experience with design trends, benchmarking, forecasting and concept creation.
– Experience with project planning, scoping and execution in a phase-gate and/or agile environment Exempt INCLUDES
– ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
– Job ID: HRD32373
– Category: Engineering
– Location: 1985 Douglas Drive North, Golden Valley, MN 55422 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.