Requisition ID 2018-42028
# of Openings 1
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level None
Full/Part Time Full Time
GDIT is seeking a proactive, creative, team playing Website Developer to provide dedicated website development and maintenance for Walter Reed BioSystematic Unit (WRBU). This person will support and manage the WRBU insect identification service for DoD partners. The Web Developer will work with a variety of internal and external databases integrating the information to a secure up to date web platform for easy and accessible access for the end user. This position will work in the Smithsonian’s Museum Support Center (MSC) in Suitland, MD.
* The Website Developer, in concert with the SI Office of Computer and Information Operations, shall provide WRBU day-to-day website maintenance and support to include front end management, online identification tools development and management, maintenance of a literature database, and management of online tutorial tools.
* The Website Developer shall provide support for the development of online educational tools for vector specimen collection, processing, identification, and data management.
* Ability to integrate different database systems to populate the vector (insect who transmits disease) map and website (**************************
* Ability to display information in a user friendly nature.
* Responsible to ensure website functionality is accessible and does preventative maintenance to avoid down time and/or slowness.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
2+ years of related experience in web software development.
Experience with C++
Experience with Python
Experience with JAVA
Web development experience
Data management via the use of SQL
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.