Are you an experienced Software Engineer with Python experience or do you have a similar background with relevant skills? Are you smart, passionate about software engineering, web applications, communication tools, new technologies and providing high quality solutions to happy customers?
You will be joining the Information Systems team who look after all Production tracking tools at Weta Digital which are mostly written in Python. These tools support the complex and exciting nature of the VFX pipeline whilst also providing a performant and intuitive experience for all of our users across the company. You will be joining a team of 14, 9 of the team are developers who are spread across 3 small functional teams.
We offer the opportunity to work with other talented software engineers providing industry-leading tools in the world of visual effects and film. You will work with passionate, dedicated visual effects artists and technicians in an award-winning company dedicated to innovation and excellence.
Your Role Responsibilities will include:
• Developing, maintaining and ensuring reliability of services, APIs and web applications
• Understanding and implementing solutions for internal customers
You will have the following Key Skills and Attributes:
• Python – preferred but will consider other languages
• Postgres, MySQL or similar enterprise level database server experience
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with software provisioning tools (Ansible, Docker, Consul – or similar)
• Experience debugging low-level issues (networking, file-system etc)
• Experience with developing on Linux
• Ability to work under pressure
• An eye for detail
• Open minded and inquisitive – enjoy discussion and reaching a decision at the same time as being able to look at technical decisions with a critical and discerning eye
• A desire to learn/improve/keep up to date with the latest technology trends
• An eagerness to improve things
You may have these Desirable Qualifications & Experience:
• BS/MS or equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Engineering or equivalent
• At least 2 years prior experience in a similar development role
• Experience with NoSQL and full-text search databases (Redis, Elasticsearch, Solr)
• Experience in collaborating with other technical teams and technical clients
To apply for this job please visit careers.wetafx.co.nz.