When what you Crave is a job that combines creative, challenging and ever-changing work with an experienced, inclusive team committed to create memorable moments every day, only White Castle hits the spot!
We’re America’s first fast-food hamburger chain with more than a century of service to a nation of Cravers. But we’re not satisfied with an impressive past. We’ve got our eye on an even tastier future, and we want you to be part of it! White Castle is always looking for passionate, energetic, results driven people to join our teams, so apply to start your White Castle career today!
The Data Center Operations Manager leads the Data Center and Hardware Infrastructure teams, while also serving as System Administration for all enterprise software systems. The Data Center Operations Manager assures the data center infrastructure is reliable, secure, cost efficient, recoverable for business continuity and strategically sound, reflecting on business needs and best practices while creating value for the company and customers.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- At least 5+ years of Data Center and IT experience including computer operations management;
- At least 5+ years of Systems administration of Enterprise systems, including programming languages like JCL, SQL or other supportive platforms;
- A+ certification or equivalent background in hardware repair;
- Experience in automation process management;
At least 5+ experience in disaster planning and business continuity.
- Responsible for maintaining data center management system, capable of handling all infrastructure design and implementation responsibilities. Focusing efforts efficiency, security and service for end users of data center systems. Assure software compliance and business continuity are maintained;
- Oversee the entire company hardware infrastructure, by assuring end user support of all hardware platforms. This includes hardware purchasing, repair (Internal and external), RMA processing, inventory management and overall customer support;
- Lead governance efforts and perform day to day administration for our systems automations like RPA. Create and maintain structures and processes to support our automation process and pipeline, to assure constant improvement and growth. Function as an RPA system programmer and develop additional systems programmer to support company-wide initiatives;
- Plan and review processes with the Vice President of Technology and the RPA Governance committee to assure strong ROI and prioritization process are in place. Create recommendations for expansion and infrastructure improvements for capital budgeting. Support the Internal customer Chatbot team with oversight and direction;
- Motivate, manage, and staff the Hardware infrastructure and Data Center team members. Promote an environment on continuous learning and development with strong support of our company values;
- Responsibility to ensure that appropriate information technology standards, practices, releases, and procedures are utilized on our Enterprise systems. Ensure availability of necessary application systems to support business and operation needs. Perform updates, releases and code changes are required;
- Leads the planning, implementation, and maintenance of a disaster recovery plan for the Data Center and Enterprise resources working with the Director of IT and the Directory of IS to test these plans;
- Responsible for the team managing software and hardware contracts and licenses for information system and information technology departments. Build relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts. Review Technical vendor’s annually for Risk assessment with Vice President of Technology, Director of IT and Director of IS;
- Oversight of IT department budget with teams review of all charges, hold accounts and fixed assets. Planning for all fixed assets spends for IT Department and recommendations/research for assets for other divisions.
Why work for us? Here’s why!!!
Did you know that 68% of the team members at our Home Office have more than 10 years of service at White Castle? Why, you ask? Because in this family owned business, we take care of our team! Check out a few of the many reasons why people crave to work with us:
Programs and benefit eligibility varies based on the average hours worked, location and length of service at White Castle.
- Family owned and operated since 1921
- Medical (4 plan options and 4 national carriers to choose from)
- Dental & Vision Plan
- Company paid Life Insurance and AD&D (buy-ups available)
- Paid holidays
- Bereavement pay
- Jury duty pay
- 3 Weeks of Paid Vacation in the first year
- Weekly paychecks – YES, WEEKLY!
- 401(k) (100% company match for the first 3% deferred and 50% for the next 2%); all contributions are 100% vested!
- Profit Sharing plan
- Holiday bonuses
- Free parking
- Recognition programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Scholarship opportunities
- Career growth and development
- Hybrid work environment
- Business casual dress code (Yep, we wear jeans every day!)
- Onsite Café with free drinks and food discounts
- Community service opportunities
- White Castle restaurant discounts
- A slide to our lobby
- And much more…
If you meet the minimum qualifications above, APPLY NOW!
White Castle has a hot and tasty opportunity on the menu with this chance to join a team where more than one in four have at least 10 years of consecutive service. We operate restaurants and stock retail freezers with products dedicated to satisfying your cravings morning, noon and night. All that’s missing is you. Our Original Slider® was named in 2014 as Time magazine’s “Most Influential Burger of All Time,” and our Impossible ™ Slider was named by Thrillist in 2019 as the “Best Plant-Based Fast Food Burger.” Fast Company named us one of the “10 Most Innovative Dining Companies” in 2021, our 100th year in business. And we’re a Certified™ Great Place to Work®. Your search ends here—we’ve got the career opportunity you Crave! Apply today, and Long Live Sliders™!
To apply for this job please visit app.higherme.com.