Works directly with the Business Unit, IT, the client and other internal departments to analyze, understand and document business requirements and implement solutions. Continuously strives to improve efficiency, reduce costs, ensure compliance with regulations, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide clients with quality service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
– Ensure business requirements are researched, developed and implemented in alliance with Business Analysis best practices and methodology
– Elicit, understand, and document complex business processes, systems, and related business rules for software applications
– Decompose high-level concepts and information into detailed, workable deliverables
– Develop user test plans and support their execution to ensure that requirements and quality objectives are satisfied for product owners
– Provide clarification concerning business requirements throughout project execution
– Act as liaison between Program Managers, Project Managers, Product Owners, and Marketing and IT teams as appropriate
– Facilitate inter/intra team communication and coordination
– Expand understanding of business domain, products, and processes
– Report time and track tasks
– Performs other business tasks or functions as assigned
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– B.A. Degree or B.S. Degree or equivalent certifications in relevant technology areas or strong experience in current disciplines
– High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
– 5+ years in a Business Analyst role
– Strong experience and working knowledge of best practices for Business Analysis
– Write clear and concise requirement artifacts
– Translate technology terms into language clients can understand
– Deal with ambiguity and conflicting goals
– Demonstrate expert level of facilitation skills in medium to large group settings and with senior level management
– Work effectively and interact with all levels of the organization including executive leadership
– Understand and explain to any audience how their respective business units operate end-to-end at the appropriate level of detail for the audience
– Adept in analysis and problem-solving with the ability to coach others
– Can deal with ambiguity and conflicting goals
– Demonstrate conflict resolution skills
– Can to conceptualize, apply, analyze, synthesize, and evaluate information to determine solutions
– Question assumptions to ascertain their validity and evaluate appropriate solutions
– Exhibit the ability to be flexible and work in a rapidly and constantly changing environment
– Manage multiple priorities and assist other in prioritization
– Show systematic and orderly planning skills with a high attention to detail
– Intermediate/Proficient competence in Microsoft Products (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Point)
– Experience with Requirement Management Software preferred (e.g. JAMA, Rally, etc.)
– Health Care industry experience preferred
– Experience using Team Foundation Server (TFS) or similar tools for SDLC tracking preferred
– Certification(s) in Business Analysis, Systems Analysis, or Business Requirements gathering a plus
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A- (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at **************.
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: 1208/1480
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
National General Insurance
National General Insurance Group is one of the largest automobile insurers in the United States. National General Insurance Group offers property and casualty products, including personal auto, RV, motorcycle, commercial auto and more. With a nationwide network of claims professionals and a 24-hour, toll-free claims hotline available 365 days a year, National General Insurance provides superior claims service for its customers. Contact Info
– Orange, CA
– National General Insurance
View Company Profile
Don’t miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.