This position may be located at of our Woodgrian Millwork sites: Fruitland, Idaho, Albany, GA, Marion VA, or Lenoir, NC.
The Controls Engineer will plan, oversee and coordinate activities concerned with development, design, construction, modification, maintenance of equipment and machinery in an industrial plant. The Control Engineer will partner with mechanical engineers, line and plant managers, to design, develop, and commission PLC based automated control systems. The Controls Engineer will provide field service systems integration and technical consultation for customers in the areas of system design, programming, installation, start-up, maintenenance, repair, training and modification of automated control systems and power management systems.. Systems will include controls, interfaces, motor control centers, diagnostics, and safety elements. Must be able to take suggestions and direction from multiple sources and select the best practices from all to produce the most effective system. This position must be comfortable leading people and assuming the role of Project Manager when project demands this skill set.
– Essential Duties and functions
– Write PLC code for company standard systems. Siemens and Workshop for CTI are most common.
– Write and deploy power transfer and other control schemes including Main-Tie-Main transfer schemes, load shedding/ peak shaving schemes, breaker control schemes, SCADA system development, and generator control.
– Interpret and understand mechanical sequence, control drawings, and write ladder logic.
– Check for correct wiring of interfaces to peripheral equipment.
– Configure and debug PLC logic.
– Debug ladder logic to match correct manual and automatic sequence.
– Work with project management and customers to ensure specifications are met.
– Knowledge and understanding of best practices for design of automation systems, power management systems, human-machine interface software, PLC programming, etc.
– Working knowledge of test equipment and diagnostic instruments for automation and power management systems.
– Knowledge of troubleshooting, test and repair techniques.
– Advanced understanding of the company’s and competitor’s automation and power management systems and services.
– Computer literacy. Working knowledge of all software packages relevant to successful performance of tasks.
– Knowledge of parts, part masters, bill of materials.
– Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working with automation and power management systems. Verify that peripheral equipment is in place, safe to operate, and functional.
– Has demonstrated ability to provide service and represent company interests in developing customer relationships to assure long-term customer satisfaction.
– Generate estimates for cost and time given a concept. Quote general turnkey control schemes (analyze specifications, price all applicable labor and materials, write a proposed scope of work, etc.)
– Design easy-to-navigate HMI interfaces. Siemens are most common.
– Work with other project team members as needed to successfully share and develop programming responsibilities as required.
– Direct electrical crews and panel builders on design realization.
– Provide on-site system commissioning support as required. (Will need to travel to other site’s)
Education and experience:
– Technical Degree or Licensed Electrician, Bachelor of Science – Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or computer science is desirable.
– 5 years working with PLC’s and Control Systems, 3 years electrical trouble shooting, down to major component/module. Similar experience using HMI’s.
– Experience designing control systems, panels and instrumentation and motor controls for industrial application
– Strong communication, interpersonal skills and presentation skills.
– Demonstrated experience in project management and leadership.
– Demonstrated skills in planning, implementing, monitoring and reporting.
– Commitment to working in a team oriented and continuous improvement environment.
– Ability to define and analyze problems, evaluating relevant facts and develop effective solutions.
– Experience with HMI (Human Machine Interface) software and power monitoring software packages.
– Familiarity with AutoCAD and Microsoft Excel-advanced.
– Proficient computer skills (MS Office, AutoCad).
Motor controls, VFD’s, RVSS’s or Starters
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
In 1954 Merrill ‘Bud’ Dame started a moulding company in Utah named Dame Moulding and Lumber Company. Woodgrain moved its corporate offices to Fruitland, Idaho, in 1969, where it is still located today. Following Bud’s retirement, his sons took over and have continued to grow Woodgrain into a highly successful, multi-unit company. Currently, Reed Dame is the Chairman of the Board and Kelly Dame is the President and CEO. Members of the third generation are also involved in various positions throughout the company. Contact Info
– 820 Complex Street Southwest
Lenoir, NC 28645
– Nancy Towsley
– Phone: ************
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.