Direct Hire Position
No Third Party Applicants/Calls; No Corp to Corp Applicants; Visa Sponsorship Not Available
* Minimum 6 years experience in a relevant industry or service.
* Electrically Biased with good mechanical skills
* PLC programming with Siemens or Allen Bradley
* Valid driving licence
* Ability to communicate clearly verbally, clear concise writing skills
Main Job Objectives:
* To be a team member providing first class maintenance support to "Customers"; on operation and maintenance of Automated storage and retrieval systems, and Storage and picking systems installed at our Customers Locations in the United States.
* It is expected that the position holder will possess proven experience of dealing with electro-mechanical faults and preventative maintenance operations as part of a mobile-based service and support technician. Reporting to the Maintenance Operations Manager, the Resident Engineer will be eager and determined to succeed, though safety conscious in all activities undertaken, with a track record of owning problems and taking them through to successful completion. The technician may be required to respond out of hours in an emergency situation. Weekend working may be required and will be structured to provide forward planning.
* To provide maintenance support to customers (as per customer requirement), via a shift rotation pattern
* In conjunction with the customer operations, providing a first class response to customer, ensuring as far as reasonably practical a right first time policy.
* Provide emergency breakdown and maintenance support.
* Create strong effective working relationships with our customer and his operational agents to enable the Client to provide a first class service.
* Provide performance in terms of achieving output, speed of response and quality of repair and standards of workmanship.
* To provide maintenance support on other issues as well as the installed system.
The position requires a wide range of skills including but not limited to the following:
* Mechanical strip-down/re-assembly, basic field wiring, machine calibration and system testing.
* Working against a timeframe to complete reactive repairs.
* Interact with on-site management keeping them informed of repair and maintenance progression and addressing their concerns in a professional manner.
* Show hands on ownership of issues to achieve a quick time resolution.
* Ability to interpret and work with electrical circuit diagrams
* Appreciate Health & Safety considerations with regard to given tasks and be able to carry out risk assessments
* Mechanical aptitude including the ability to read assembly drawings
* Operate hand tools and be able to assemble parts onto equipment
* Ability to follow set up instructions, assembly drawings and check lists
* Attention to detail and exceptional follow-up skills
* Excellent customer service skills for both internal and external customers
* Superior communication skills
* Computer literate with basic Microsoft Office skills.
* Willing to learn and adapt to changing role requirements
* Appreciation of Cultural Diversity
Hours of Work
* The hours of work will be 40 hours per week as detailed by the customer at an hourly rate. Any hours over 40 hours per week will be paid at overtime rate (X1.5) but must be pre-authorized by the customer.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/129327 →