Who You Are
You like developing in all forms, whether thats working with driven creative teams to bring cutting edge websites and apps to life across a variety of industries and aesthetics, or developing developers as a mentor. Youre learning obsessed: you know that more important than individual technologies is your ability to adapt and apply innovative web development at every step. Youre the Senior Web Developer weve been looking for, come say hi.
What Youll Do
As Senior Web Developer at Madwell, youll be working as part of an integrated team to shorten the runway between smart, interesting brands and beautiful creative that can work in any medium. Reporting directly to our Director of Technology, youll act as the lead developer across several client accounts and mentoring others in our dev team along the way.
Specifically youll be:
- Working in a creative team setting to ideate and develop strong creative ideas
- Leading a team of developers in planning, designing, and ultimately building our digital platforms
- Working in Agile and Jira to optimize how our teams work
- Mentoring others on best practice and new, innovative approaches and technologies
- Taking initiative to maintain strong knowledge of and keen interest in emerging tools and technologies
- 5+ years of professional experience with Web Development
- BA/BS degree or higher, preferably in CS or a related field
- Able to work with AWS and Linux server administration to set up and deploy new sites
- Able to create semantically correct and accessible HTML
- Complete understanding of git branching, merging and rebasing; familiarity with git flow a plus
- Experience with PHP
- Strong proficiency with MySQL databases
- Excellent analytical and communication skills to share your ideas with the team and our clients
Interested? Please Send Us:
- Your resume
- A nontraditional cover letter letting us know why you want in on Madwell
- Optional, link to your portfolio of work
Our Interview Process
If youre invited to a on-site interview, there will be no whiteboarding and no questions about how many paperclips fit into a 747. Instead weve found the best success with a small coding exercise that would be completed before your in-person interview so that we can discuss your design decisions and the why behind your choices.
Get To Know Us
Were Madwell, a full-service creative agency located in sunny Bushwick, Brooklyn. Get to know us at Madwell.com.
No phone calls or recruiters please.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/118094 →