The Software Engineer position is within the Game Development organization and works on the creation of compelling game experiences for casino products. The primary responsibility of this position is to deliver high quality and timely software for all assigned projects. This position must demonstrate a high degree of initiative and is accountable for the thorough implementation of all tasks assigned. The Software Engineer reports to, and is directed by, either the Lead engineer or Producer of the team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities :
– Create high quality software in a timely manner for casino game products
– Work with senior and lead team members to design and implement solutions for assigned games and projects
– Works with, and develops relationships with, other team members as needed to meet team goals
– Write well-commented code in accordance with product requirements following Game Development code creation processes
– Develop a solid understanding of the platform hardware, libraries, development environment, tools, and utilities
– Understand the production process and its many dependencies
– Take initiative and be accountable for the timely completion and high quality of all assigned tasks
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
– 1-3 years of game development experience required with a Bachelor’s degree
– Proficiency in programming language C# / C++
– Working knowledge/proficiency of Unity or equivalent game engine
– Development tools including IDEs, debuggers, bug tracking and source control systems
– Strong math skills
– Embedded systems experience
– Game Development experience preferably within a studio environment
– Experience in UI development
– Experience in Agile development
– Windows development
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
– C#, C++, Java or equivalent
– Object Oriented programming
– Design Patterns
– Source Control/Configuration Management
– Bug Tracking Systems
– Software Development processes
– Emulation Tools and/or Debuggers
– Scripting languages – ie Python
Note: This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above. SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEOC Poster.
Job ID: IRC7701
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Scientific Games is a leading innovator in the global lottery and regulated gaming industries. Beginning with the breakthrough technology that launched the world’s very first secure instant lottery game in 1974, the company has continued to advance the games, technology, programs, marketing research and security that have been a driving force behind the success of more than 300 customers on six continents over the last 40 years. Contact Info
– Chicago, IL
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.