The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL), a national leader in scientific research and development, located midway between Baltimore and Washington, DC is seeking a Systems Administrator (SA).
Provide system administration, and systems engineering for Windows and Linux-based systems in multiple highly classified facilities. Independently identify and solve technical issues relating to Information Assurance system hardening (ensuring system availability, integrity, authentication and confidentiality). Configure, install, and maintain Windows and Linux computer systems in a stand-alone and networked environment. Participate in developing complex solutions for LAN and WAN environments.
1. Systems Administration: Configure, install, and maintain Windows and Linux computer systems in a stand-alone and networked environment. Lock down Windows and Linux computers in a mixed environment based upon classified security requirements. Manage user accounts for Windows/Linux systems, reset passwords, and perform annual computer recertification. Research, diagnose and resolve complex computer system software and hardware issues as they arise. Perform and analyze weekly security audits for nonstandard events. Implement backup solution and ensure a cohesive disaster recovery plan. (90%)
2. Information Assurance assistance: Provide input to security relevant documentation such as security CONOPS, Security Controls Traceability Matrix’s, System Security Plans. (10%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, related field or equivalent experience.
– Minimum 3 years Windows/Linux systems administration experience.
– A minimum of 1 year information technology experience working in a classified computer facility in information, intelligence, or security areas.
– Current SSBI required.
– Extensive knowledge of computer operating systems, hardware, and software (demonstrated by at least 3 years of practical experience).
– Excellent organizational and communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with managers and technical staff.
– TS Clearance is required.
– Current DoD 8570 certification (Security or CISSP), or ability to obtain DoD 8570 certification within 6 months of employment required.
– Experience working in or directly supporting the Department of Defense or other U.S. government entities desired.
– Experience with Solaris is desirable.
– Experience with VMware or other virtualization software.
– Some practical experience with programing / scripting languages.
– Working familiarity with Director of Central Intelligence Directives (DCID) or Intelligence Community Directives (ICD) security requirements.
– Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills, and the understanding of customer focus.
TS/SCI Clearance is essential to the job. Applicants selected will be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for an SSBI and access to Sensitive Compartmented Information. Eligibility requirements include US citizenship.
APL offers a comprehensive benefits package including a liberal vacation plan, a matching retirement program, significant educational assistance, a scholarship tuition program for staff with dependents, and competitive salaries commensurate with skills and experience. For more information about our organization, please visit our web site at **************.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that complies with Title IX of the Education Amendments Acts of 1972, as well as other applicable laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab (APL) is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.