The Developer, reporting to the Information Technology, Vice President, will work as part of a team coding software components, units and modules according to specifications. This position participates in analysis and development of test plans providing test results and recommends corrections. Applies practical knowledge on one or more platforms, system architectures, operating systems, and programming languages (including C#). Consults with AWEA staff and manager to identify process and procedure along with objectives for software. Developer will serve as first-line support for member database and reporting. Will also work on AWEA’s websites including infrastructure, upkeep and troubleshooting. May write product and user documentation.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Understanding of the administration and data structures, underlying SQL tables and relationships, API objects and web service calls of an Association Management System (MS Dynamics / ProTech preferred)
- MS SQL Development: understanding of functions, primary and foreign keys, relationships, triggers and ability to write scripts for same.
- MS .NET Development: understanding of MVC structures, web-service calls and API interfaces.
- Along with senior developer, analyze stakeholder’s needs and conduct research, evaluation and recommendation.
- Assist in the systems administration of multiple essential applications, some of which include:
- AMS (association management system) – ProTech
- CMS (content management system) – Kentico
- Email marketing system – Informz
- Online community platform – Higher Logic Online Communities
- Webinar – Elevate
- Blog – Kentico / WordPress.
- Develop reporting (FetchXML, Dynamics Report Wizard, SQL Reporting Services, .NET) to server stakeholders’ requirements.
- Work with senior developer to develop applications for web access and database integration.
- Document all requirements, design specifications, work flows and code comments. May write product and user documentation.
- Follow best practices to maintain a secure software environment that protects AWEA’s intellectual property and data.
- Provide IT support to Director, Information Technology as needed. Provide general IT helpdesk support to the staff as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- BI (Business Intelligence) Development: understanding of collecting, crafting and analyzing data from various data sources. Working knowledge of BI tools like Microsoft Power BI and/or SAP Business Objects.
- Content Management System (CMS, Kentico preferred, WordPress). SEO optimization, Google Analytics reporting. SharePoint development and administration.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012, SQL Server 2008/2012/2014, SharePoint Server 2007/2010, Exchange Server 2010/2013, VMWare vSphere 5/6.
- Working knowledge of Apple Mac OSX 10.x, Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat Pro, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
- The ability to translate user needs into system requirements and specifications. The ability to work independently and as a team member. Strong analytical problem-solving skills, detail oriented. Good customer service skills.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment. The ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- The ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of general office methods, practices and procedures.
- Strong organizational, project management, and prioritization skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite; knowledge of web content posting helpful.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Team-oriented, supportive, flexible, and collaborative interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Ability to analyze a situation and apply skills to solve matters appropriately.
- Shows good judgment in dealing with senior executives.
Education and/or Experience
AWEA is seeking applicants whom reflect and understand our core values: We HEART Wind Energy, The Truth Prevails, Together We Succeed, and Ahead of the Curve. Qualified applicants may possess any combination of education and experience enabling them to successfully perform the responsibilities of the position. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or related degree or minimum 2 years of relevant real-world experience. Microsoft MCSA SQL Server, MCSE certifications desirable. Good business judgment and self-initiative a must.
Send how you heard about this job, cover letter, salary requirement, start date availability, and resume to Jobs@awea.org (use “[Your Name]-Software Developer” in subject line) or mail to AWEA, 1501 M Street NW, Suite 900, Washington, DC 20005; Attention: Human Resources.
AWEA is Metro accessible and provides a generous benefit package. To learn more visit www.awea.org.
AWEA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit awea-jobs.careerwebsite.com.