Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters, individuals and communities to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record of achieving significant, lasting environmental protections. We achieve this by hiring people who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. Our headquarters are in San Francisco with offices in Anchorage, Juneau, Los Angeles, Tallahassee, Miami, Honolulu, New York, Philadelphia, Denver, Seattle, Bozeman, and Washington, DC.
Working under the direction of the Vice President of Information Technology, the position is responsible for Earthjustice’s data integrity, integration, security and data mining across the organization. This individual will lead all data related projects at Earthjustice including but not limited to SSRS reporting, data mining, database development, database administration and verification of complete backups of all data. Data will be sourced from ProLaw, Blackbaud Enterprise CRM (BBEC), Luminate, NetSuite and other custom SQL data bases. The developer will provide ad hoc queries and reports that will support our compliance with GDPR.
This position can be located in San Francisco, or nationwide (remote worker).
Business Partner and IT Liaison (20%):
- Proactively manage current and upcoming needs with business partner relationships for technology enhancements and solutions.
- Participate in monthly immerging tech meetings and contribute to forward thinking and planning around new technology.
- Proactively bring solution designs that meet business partner challenges.
- Partner in ideation for business technology solutions for arising business needs.
- Provide advice and counsel on database best practices.
Data mining and business intelligence (35%):
- Construct an Earthjustice data warehouse and BI Cube for organization wide analytics.
- Build a library of reports in SSRS to support all of Earthjustice’s reporting needs.
- Ensure the accuracy of the data generated in response to Earthjustice requests.
- Provided custom applications to utilize BI across all of Earthjustice.
Database Administration (35%):
- Document and schedule database backup procedures and work with our network administrators to ensure that backups are successfully being created on all databases.
- Ensure compliance with best practices for data storage and security.
- Create user friendly interfaces to provide easy access for inputting data within the various DBs and searching and retrieving records within the databases to provide powerful data mining tools across the organization.
- Develop relationships with multiple vendors providing software to Earthjustice, working with them to maximize the integration of their APIs into the Earthjustice environment.
SQL Support (10%):
- Generate ad hoc queries to fulfill departmental requests regarding metrics.
- Improve reporting processes and deliver automated reports to stakeholders on their key data needs.
- Maintain documentation of procedures and develop and provide user guides as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and 6+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Highly experienced with SSRS and creating user friendly reports.
- Experience with developing and auditing SQL queries.
- C#, ASP.NET, MVC, REST, Bootstrap, all a plus.
- Proven ability to query data, identify critical information, analyze and then make recommendations.
- Experience in developing and auditing SQL queries.
- Prior experience in data management.
- Experience supporting a litigation practice a distinct plus.
- Strong time management skills and ability to set and manage priorities.
- Ability to be the lead technology resource on projects throughout Earthjustice.
- A proven self-starter with an interest in solving problems and finding efficiencies.
- Demonstrates an awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations.
- Contributes to the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences.
We offer a mission and employee-focused work environment and a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits. Earthjustice is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity.
Application Procedure: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume online via the Jobvite system.
Please, no phone calls, hard copies, or drop-ins. If you’re having technical difficulties submitting your application, please reach out to email@example.com
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.
To apply for this job please visit app.jobvite.com.