JOB SUMMARY: The Manager of Network Systems will oversee the design, implementation and testing of the networking systems that comprise the backbone communications infrastructure for a Theme Park Attraction’s ride/show and standard (enterprise) networks.
- Responsible for overall Attraction Network Operation strategy. Including:
- Design and development of industrial security appliances and systems.
- Design and development of enterprise supervisory monitoring and reaction systems.
- Strategy and design, development and integration of Attraction Operations Center for attraction data/information aggregation and monitoring.
- Strategy and design for 3-tier and ISA-99 defense-in-depth network models to enforce security and increase network segregation and security.
- Attraction data aggregation of unique systems information while adhering to safety and design strategies. Including support systems such as Access Control and Building Management
- Responsible for acceptance testing strategies with respect to the unique challenges and timing associated with control systems and standard systems for these types of network.
- Sets standards to which networking vendors will adhere and act as the bridge between the Universal Parks Engineering, Technical Services, AV systems and IT groups to seek to provide networks that the respective groups can support and maintain while adhering to networking security models and control system safety models.
- Manage network designs from multiple projects and ensure appropriate security, growth, safety, redundancy, reliability and sustainability design strategies are in place are given proper weighting in the design objectives.
- Responsible for overseeing and implementing support and maintenance strategies for the networking systems within attractions.
- Responsible to oversee existing attraction architecture renovations and updates where applicable to take advantage of new safety and security requirements part of control systems networks. This includes mitigating false air-gap strategies and integrating new security models with data aggregation and trending in mind to increase reliability and decrease liability where possible.
- Oversee standards strategy to provide commonality between park systems networks across geographical boundaries where applicable to allow for common training and support moving forward.
- Oversee strategy for implementation of networking standards and designs that are globally sensitive and aware of unique requirements and standards for the geographical region.
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: Applicant will be required to propose budget and designs for design criteria. Applicant will also be required to manage budgets of varying levels and will be responsible for proposed design and scope budget management.
EDUCATION: Associate’s degree (AA) is required in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field; or in active pursuit of a degree. Bachelor’s degree is preferred in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field; or in active pursuit of a degree.
- A+ and CCxx, CompTIA or MS certifications.
- 5-10 years of IT networking experience.
- 5-10 years of experience with safety and standard PLC control systems and control systems communications networks.
- 5-10 years experience with software development including rules, methods, modeling, agile processes, life cycles and change control.
- Experience with large network integrations with multiple levels of safety and security requirements. Industrial control networking experience is also required.
- Experience with audio, video and lighting systems network integration and design.
- Experience with network anti-intrusion and penetration-testing strategies, packages, purposes, documentation, techniques, and models.
- Experience with standard industrial control network protocols and their requirements.
- Experience with acceptance testing cycles and methods.
- UML system architecture and design knowledge, CAD/Visio experience.
- Software and hardware system documentation experience.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2023 Universal Studios. © 2023 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved. EOE
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.