The National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (NAMIC) has a new opening for a full-time Junior Software Engineer at our headquarters on the northwest side of Indianapolis. This position creates and maintains custom data-driven reports as needed by the organization, and assists in the maintenance of documentation for databases, systems, and processes used by the association.
Main duties of the position include:
- Designs, builds, and maintains internal website.
- Work with internal clients to make enhancements to NAMIC.org and other websites.
- Creates and maintains system documentation including technical specifications, commented source code, and developer notes.
- Assists with review/edit of end user documentation as needed.
- Maintains the security and integrity of the organization’s databases in accordance with established security models and standards.
- Monitors trends in technology and development methodologies for possible application within the organization; makes recommendations to management as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and relational database design
- Experience with ASP.NET Core MVC, C#, and SQL
- Strong problem-solving, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with co-workers, customers, and management.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer technology, or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of web application development experience.
- Proficient with development and administration tools: Visual Studio, SQL Management Studio, IIS, version control systems and concepts, and related tools.
Benefits and how to apply:
This position comes with an excellent compensation and benefits package. Benefits include access to medical, dental, vision, and life insurance at group rates; a 401(k) plan you can start saving in immediately that also has an immediate company match; fitness incentive programs; fresh air walking breaks twice a day; and more! NAMIC is proud to have been named as one of the Best Places to Work in Indiana. For confidential consideration, please send resume, salary requirements, and cover letter to Jenn Steidler, HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
NAMIC is an equal opportunity employer. To learn more, go to www.namic.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com