JOB TITLE: Application Engineer
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES – The role of this position is to be an application developer and administrator for Business Intelligence (BI) Reporting Solutions (Such as BusinessObjects, MicroStrategy, PowerBI, Tableau, & SSRS). He/she will provide technical guidance and lead in the design and maintenance of the BI reporting solutions related to corporate standards. In addition, the position will be a key role for the ongoing support, development, and growth of these BI reporting solutions.
SUPERVISOR – Manager, Business Intelligence
SUPERVISES – None
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• 20% – Create a stable information technology infrastructure by maintaining a consistent release policy; planning, testing, and executing release upgrades with the necessary breadth of participation on the part of development personnel and business users; identifying, reporting, and fixing, — with vendor assistance –, material bugs and deficiencies in the tools; and setting and achieving SLAs that deliver high levels of availability, reliability, and security.
• 10% – Leverage existing (and evolving) standards to achieve consistency in the products that IT&S provides and to speed development by adhering to a relatively narrow technology footprint.
• 5% – Provide assistance in creating product roadmaps for maintaining the currency of and exploiting the features of our BI reporting solutions.
• 10% – Lead in Administration and maintenance of security provisioning for the supported BI tools.
• 15% – Lead in promotions of BI solutions from development, QA, and production environments.
• 20% – Provide consulting leadership for BI reporting solutions to the rest of the IT&S organization. Provision of the guidance takes a number of forms, including: engaging in joint-development with various application development teams, providing second-level to Customer Service and primary support to the rest of the IT&S organization, documenting and communicating standards and procedures, developing and delivering internal training & certification programs, and assisting problem analysis/resolution.
• 15% – Continue to grow professionally to become the lead developer in all activities listed above and architect BI solutions.
• 5% – Utilize internal and external training opportunities to cross train on other Business Intelligence tools and database platforms such as Business Objects, Integration Services, Microsoft Analysis Services, SQL Reporting Services, Microstrategy, SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, Tableau, PowerBI, and any new solutions the team has to support.
• Adheres to Code of Conduct.
• Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Communication – communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately.
• Customer orientation – establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Interpersonal skills – able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
• PC skills – demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
• Policies & Procedures – demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• Basic skills – demonstrates ability to organize, perform and track multiple tasks accurately in short timeframes, have ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple demands, ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player, adaptability, analytical and problem solving ability and attention to detail and able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately.
• Associate Degree in Computer Science is required.
• Bachelors Degree Computer Science is preferred.
• Equivalent work experience may substitute degree requirement.
• 1 or more years experience in PC maintenance required. Experience with HCA systems preferred.
• Work in most recent Windows environment
• Used MS Office
• Good with Numbers
• Worked with Business Intelligence Software
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS – Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 50 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations. Occasional travel to division data center and/or other facilities may be required.
OSHA CATEGORY – The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues (although situations can be imagined or hypothesized under which anyone, anywhere, might encounter potential exposure to body fluids). Persons who perform these duties are not called upon as part of their employment to perform or assist in emergency care or first aid, or to be potentially exposed in some other way.
To apply for this job please visit hca.taleo.net.