Five Star Senior Living’s corporate headquarters are located in Newton, Massachusetts. Just 20 minutes outside of downtown Boston, the building features easy access to public transportation and the Massachusetts Turnpike.
Five Star Senior Living seeks individuals who believe in our core values of putting people first, minding the business, working to be our best, acting with integrity, and listening – then acting decisively. Each and every role within Five Star is important to the success
Five Star Senior Living seeks individuals who believe in our core values of putting people first, minding the business, working to be our best, acting with integrity, and listening – then acting decisively. Each and every role within Five Star is important to the success of our business goal to enhance the lifestyle of seniors. We are seeking a Senior Network Engineer. If you possess these core values, we would like to hear from you!
The Senior Network Engineer is the senior-most resource on the Network Operations team and will lead them in initiatives including network design, new technology implementation, compliance audits, and advanced operational support of a diverse network supporting over 300 communities across the continental U.S. This role requires extensive, demonstrable experience configuring and troubleshooting network components including Cisco routers and switches, Palo Alto firewalls, Aerohive WiFi access points and Cradlepoint LTE modems. This leadership role requires a technical visionary with mastery of EIGRP, OSPF and BGP routing, Cisco NXOS architecture and a variety of VPN techniques.
– Plan, design, implement, monitor and maintain the operational health of local and wide area networks.
– Define, evaluate and approve network designs and device configuration changes.
– Install, configure, and support networking and security equipment from a wide range of industry leading vendors including Cisco, Juniper and Palo Alto.
– Interface with multiple IT departments as the expert networking resource to assess, recommend, project plan and implement network solutions in support of business initiatives.
– Proactively monitor and report on overall network service performance and take action to correct deficiencies in monitoring and controlling the quality of individual network services.
– Create and maintain technical documentation including network design diagrams, operational procedures, knowledgebase documents, disaster recovery plans and training documentation.
– Participate in a 24×7 on-call support rotation.
– Provide highest level escalation expertise and issue ownership for network operations trouble resolution.
Leadership and Communication
– Adept at presenting technical designs, solutions, network health and purchase proposals to an audience of varying technical knowledge up to and including the CIO.
– Act as the project lead for complex network engineering initiatives.
– Effectively evaluate new technologies and present compelling business cases.
– Exhibit superior organizational, analytic, multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
– Provide accurate, timely and meaningful updates on projects, change control requests, and operational issues in the environment.
– Embrace the responsibilities that come with leadership by exhibiting exemplary professionalism, pursuing the highest technical standards, demonstrating initiative, persistence, and resolve while mentoring team members to achieve the same.
– Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline preferred.
– 7-10 years of network engineering experience with at least 3 years in a senior or lead network engineering role responsible for a WAN/LAN environment of at least 100 nodes which utilized EIGRP, OSPF and/or BGP routing protocols.
– Expert experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco routers and switches running IOS and NXOS software.
– Expert firewall experience (Palo Alto specifically required).
– Extensive VPN experience (IPSEC, SSL, DMVPN specifically required).
– Experience supporting Aerohive WiFi products or an equivalent manufacturer.
– Proficiency reading packet sniffer traces and debugging application conversations.
– Proficiency with Plixer Scrutinizer & Extrahop network analysis, or equivalent platforms.
– Proficiency with Cisco Prime, Cisco ISE (or similar NAC tool) and network automation.
– Strong network documentation skills including production of Visio diagrams, MOPs, knowledge base additions, development of best practices and process improvements.
– Experience supporting HIPAA, SOX or PCI compliance efforts in an audited environment, incorporating industry best practices to secure data networks.
– Strong vendor negotiation and business relationship skills.
– Ability to lift up to 50 pounds to perform network device installations.
– Cisco VoIP configuration and troubleshooting
– Cisco/Tanberg video conference configuration and troubleshooting
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment with regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.