Senior Software Engineer (Cloud)
– Tysons, VA
Leading Products – Innovative Ideas – Exceptional People ..MicroStrategy, A Dynamic Place to Work!
At MicroStrategy, we are passionate about creating powerful, disruptive technologies that transform how companies do business. Innovative products and ultimately our success are rooted in one driving force-our people. Our casual and flexible environment encourages creativity and collaboration, so you’ll have the opportunity to initiate and contribute to challenging projects, while pursuing your interests and developing, both professionally and personally. Bring us your passion, curiosity, and fresh ideas, and be a part of technology innovation at its best!
As a Senior Software Engineer/Architect at MicroStrategy on the Secure Cloud, Provisioning Team, you’ll be part of an Agile software development team performing Java and Open Stack development. In this role, you’ll provide our customers with the most powerful, scalable, and user-friendly platforms for analytics, mobility, and security. You’ll play a key role in enabling MicroStrategy products to be best-in-breed and optimized for leading organizations to analyze Big Data and distribute actionable business insight across their enterprise.
Role and Responsibilities:
– Lead the design and implementation of Secure Cloud applications and features.
– Proactively participate in every aspect of the entire software development lifecycle of feature development, including input on specifications, designs, implementation, test design, test implementation, optimization, and delivery.
– Troubleshoot and triage issues related to software and hardware components.
– Research the latest in AWS and DevOps technologies, ensuring best practices are continuously brought into the company for continuous improvement.
– Participate in peer code reviews, knowledge sharing, Scrum meetings and mentoring.
– Experience with Ruby or Python
– Familiarity with developing software applications and features in an Agile environment
– Familiarity with RDBMS and web services.
– Familiarity with real-time stream processing tools such as Kafka, Storm etc.
– Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in CIS, Computer Science, or a related field.
– At least one year of experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and related technologies.
– Experience working with GitHub, Jenkins, TDD, CI frameworks, Mocha, Maven, Grunt, responsive design, and RESTful APIs.
– At least 2 years experience of professional engineering as a system administrator or as a DevOps engineer (Windows and Linux)
– Strong CS and OOP fundamentals.
– Strong debugging, analytical and problem-solving skills.
– Experience developing software applications and features in an Agile environment.
– Demonstrate strong communication skills, attention to detail, and drive to deliver best-in-class software products for industry.
Our Interview Process includes:
– Coding Assessment (HackerRank)
– Phone Interview(s)
– eSkill Assessment
– Onsite (or Skype) Interview(s)
Thank you for your interest in Microstrategy!
MicroStrategy is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us about your interest in employment at ************.
MicroStrategy is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.