As a Senior Software Engineer, you will determine programming requirements for systems. In addition, you will design flexible client-server frameworks. You will also analyze and improve performance of software programs, as well as analyze requirements for data exchanges between application software and other systems.
Grow. Learn. Thrive. Giant Eagle is where your career can soar high. At Giant Eagle, you are so much more than an employee. You are part of the Family.
About the Company
Since our founding in 1931, Giant Eagle, Inc. has evolved into one of the top 40 largest private corporations in the U. S. and one of the country’s largest food retailers and distributors. With more than 37,000 Team Members and $9.7 billion in revenue, we are committed to investing in people, technology, and data to elevate our customer’s experience across multiple touchpoints. It helps us follow on our commitment to serving others and improving our communities.
About Giant Eagle Bangalore
The Giant Eagle GCC in Bangalore is our global capability center. Our team of more than 150 members at the GCC enables us to expand internal capabilities in the areas such as data analytics, merchandising and eCommerce, quality engineering, and automation to generate insights for faster decision-making and help us accelerate our business strategy. Our team in India plays a pivotal role in helping the company transition to new ways of working by redefining the food and grocery shopping experience for over 4.6 million customers.
Why Join us?
Giant Eagle is where you can come for a job but stay for a career. It’s a place where you grow, learn, and thrive on a team that feels like a family. At our core are the values, purpose, and commitment every Team Member exhibits no matter their role. It also encompasses the freedom that comes from working in an
environment where you are valued for who you are.
We focus on supporting your whole self – from professional growth to living well. We provide a collaborative environment where you are encouraged to share ideas and work together – and that’s true across all our corporate locations, including Bedford Heights, OH; Carmel, IN; Pittsburgh, PA; San Francisco, CA; and now Bangalore, India!
At the Giant Eagle GCC in India, you will get an opportunity to work in a hybrid environment that will allow you the freedom to bring your ideas to life and shape the future of the grocery and pharmacy retail industries. The Giant Eagle employment benefits and policies apply to all our Team Members in India. And if you believe in using technology to create a larger impact, here are the reasons you would want to join our Giant Eagle GCC family.
- Experience Required: 5 to 10 years
- Experience Desired: Experience working in a retail supply chain environment
- Education Desired: Bachelors Degree
- Design and develop software programs to meet customer and business requirements.
- Coordinate systems analysis, systems development and implementation activities to ensure customer requirements are met or exceeded.
- Organize and prepare program and system documentation according to established procedures to facilitate ongoing support and maintenance.
- Recommend and implement technology and process improvements to increase efficiency.
- Perform formal code reviews and quality assurance activities for newly developed programs.
- Participate in both daylight and off-hour support rotation.
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring and training of existing software engineers.
- Prevent unauthorized access to information, assets or restricted areas and report any attempts.
- Maintain cognizance of industry trends and new products to evaluate opportunities for achieving maximum effective usage of the Company's investment in information technology.
- Produce all management reports completely, accurately and on time.
- Report any type of problems to the appropriate management in a timely manner.
- Participate in educational and on-the-job training programs as recommended by IT management.
- Communicate well with non-IT personnel and vendors.
- Assist in special projects as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we are working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.