‘Five years from now we’ll be active in areas we haven’t yet dreamed
Harold Goddijn, CEO TomTom.
TomTom empowers movement. As an industry leader, we excel at designing
and developing innovative products that make it easy for people to
keep moving towards their goals. TomTom has grown from a Dutch based
start-up company into a multi-national, global brand. As our original
founders remain committed to the business, together with TomTom s
global team of passionate and dedicated employees, we will continue to
create new products and achieve our goals.
Where do you want to be?
Within the Core Maps Group, you’ll have the opportunity to develop
systems and tools that are used in map production across the globe.
You’ll be part of a highly motivated team of engineers working in a
fast paced environment. You’ll be developing state of the art mapping
algorithms using latest technologies and tools to solve complex
problems. You’ll design, develop and maintain software components for
scalable systems that support highly visible production processes, and
mentor other team members with these tasks as well.
In this role you will:
* Link TomTom strategy to long term technical solutions
* Be contributor to system architecture, able to prototype proposed
solutions if necessary
* Analyze requirements and develop an approach for solving it.
* Mentor other more junior SW Engineers
* Advise Senior Management on own domain. Explain complex technical
issues in an easy way.
* Execute the quality guidelines and deliver high quality tools with
regards to SW layout, performance, output, stability, and
* Apply agile techniques to deliver high quality software.
* Execute/follow-up on test plan of the delivered software.
* Perform follow-up on validation efforts for the development
* Provide input on future tool adaptations and applied design.
* Provide support on developed tools towards our customers.
* Advise in the creation of software design and perform follow up of
other software development and test tasks within experience scope.
* Track the technical trends in the market in his/her domain and
report about these issues within and outside the department.
Define and propose projects and actions to stay in tune with the
latest beneficial technology/techniques/methods related to the
activity of TomTom processes
* Fine tune requirement understanding with internal customers on
national and international level.
* Produce technical documentation and communicate technical and
functional possibilities and limitations with process engineering.
* Report on project status and take actions to finish the project
within the time, quality and content definition and requirements
in co-agreement with the software coordinator.
* Review quality-testing issues to guarantee quality and result of
What do we expect from you?
To be successful as a Senior Software Engineer, this is the kind of
profile we have in mind:
University level with a minimum 2 years of software development
experience; deep understand of architecture within domain,
knowledgeable of industry trends and how to apply within TomTom
process, ability to advise and convince; ability to analyze complex
problems and design maintainable and inexpensive solutions;
demonstrate a positive attitude, promoting communication, cooperation,
and teamwork; proven ability to produce solid software; ability to
learn new techniques and technology as required; is quality driven.
Experience and deep understanding of the following is a must:
* SQL/Database knowledge
Experience and working knowledge of the following is preferred:
* Spring Framework
* Web Services
* Machine Learning
What do we offer?
* The chance to work in a fast moving, innovative and international
environment, working with passionate professionals from different
countries and cultures
* The opportunity to work for a company where you can really make
* Compensation includes a generous base salary, a bonus or
commission scheme, 15 PTO days, 12 company holidays and 3
additional days to perform community service annually
* Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, disability,
life and 401k
Who are we?
TomTom created the easy-to-use navigation device, one of the most
influential inventions of all time. Since then, we have grown from a
start-up, into a global technology company.
We design and develop innovative navigation products, software and
services, that power hundreds of millions of applications across the
globe. This includes industry-leading location-based and mapmaking
technologies, embedded automotive navigation solutions; portable
navigation devices and apps, and the most advanced telematics fleet
management and connected car services.
Combining our own R&D expertise with business and technology
partnerships, we continue to shape the future, leading the way with
autonomous driving, smart mobility and smarter cities.
Headquartered in Amsterdam with offices in 37 countries, we offer
advanced digital maps that cover 142 countries and 33 territories, and
our hyper-detailed and real-time TomTom Traffic information service
reaches more than five billion people in 69 countries.
To read our story, visit **************
Pre-employment screening is part of the selection process.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.