USSOCOM’s mission is to Provide fully capable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defend the United States and its interests and synchronize planning for global operations against terrorist networks. As a member of our team, you will partner with SOF military and civilian members to directly support this mission by providing world-class Information Technology services and support that connect over 60,000 users around the world.
Job Description: The Systems Administrator performs tier one and two network support in accordance with the SIE OPORD. Candidates must possess strong problem-solving, analytical and communication skills, in addition to in-depth technical knowledge of the Governments systems hardware and software. Candidate requirements vary depending on system complexity, the types of operating and network systems being supported, and the size of the organization. A background in the specific types of hardware and software systems used by the Government is required. Candidates monitor and control one or more mid-range application servers. The SA studies program operating instructions to determine equipment setup and operations. The SA continuously observes the operation of assigned applications and storage devices to monitor system operation and determines the point of hardware or software failure. The SA manipulates systems in accordance with standard procedures to continue operations when individual units of a system malfunction. The SA confers with software systems engineering or applications programming personnel in the event that errors require a change of instructions or sequences of operations. The SA maintains operating records such as machine performance and production reports.
– Installing operating system software, patches and upgrades
– Analyzing, troubleshooting and resolving system hardware, software and networking issues
– Configuring, optimizing, fine-tuning and monitoring operating system software and hardware
– Performing system backups and recovery
– Conducting server builds
– Monitors and controls Data Center and Wide Area Network operations
– Directs the correct system and network administration actions during an event causing service outage
– Ensuring the support staff follows published operating instructions
– Monitoring the operation applications and storage devices to ensure services are properly provisioned
– Ensuring the support staff adjusts operations in accordance with standard procedures
– Confers with software systems engineering or applications programming personnel in the event that errors require a change of instructions or sequences of operations
– Maintains operating records such as machine performance and production reports
Education: Requires an Associate degree in a computer field and six (6) years of related experience. Progressive relevant training and/or certification may be substituted for a portion of the experience requirement.
Four (4) years of Systems Administrator experience
If GCCS Administrator, experience with GCCS applications to include Agile Client, COP, C2PC, DCAPES, GWIS desired
Required Certification: Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
– MCSA or equivalent relevant to the candidates work area or (if GCCS Administrator) RedHat Linux/Unix
– DoDD 8570.01-M IAT II or higher
– Work will be performed inside a large facility. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting).
– Position will require some night and weekend work.
– Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying computer equipment, boxes of supplies or files up to 50 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
Equipment and Machines
– General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment. Servers, switches and other computer equipment used to support network operations.
– Work assignments dependent on requirements by the client. It is important to be able to work at least 8 hours a day for 5 days per week (Monday through Friday).
– Position could require after hours support.
– Continental and Oversees travel may be required. It is important to maintain a current passport.
Other Essential Functions
– Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
– Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel at all levels. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on clients standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
– The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: *******
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
CH2M & Jacobs Contact Info
– Fort Carson, CO 80913
Don’t miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.