Computer Methods International Corp. (CMiC) is a Software Development firm specializing in enterprise financial and cost management systems designed for the Construction and Engineering industries.
The Application Developer is responsible for the development of CMiC software modules using a variety of development tools including PL/SQL and Java. An essential aspect of this role involves designing, developing, troubleshooting, debugging and testing of user interface, business logic components, and/or reports. The Application Developer works with team members and clients to design and develop business applications and/or reports that support client needs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Write high quality and well-documented code according to accepted standards based on user requirements using PL/SQL, Java, Oracle Forms/Reports, Oracle JDeveloper.
- Test and debug program units in conjunction with other units and/or systems and integrate with other program modules and systems.
- Participate in project and team meetings interacting and collaborating with team members and other departments as appropriate.
- Evaluate alternative design approaches to meet business and user requirements.
- Provide analysis of problems reported by customers.
- Communicate with customers regarding reported problems, when necessary.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years professional programming experience using PL/SQL.
- Working knowledge of Oracle Forms/Reports is a definite asset.
- Exposure to Java and Oracle JDeveloper is an asset.
- A self-starter who takes initiatives but seeks the assistance of others when necessary.
- Excellent problem solving and customer service abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- University Degree, preferably in Computer Science.
CMiC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, CMiC will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
Full-time, permanent role with benefits
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/116488 →