Posted Date 2 months ago(10/1/2018 11:12 AM)
Job ID 24165
# Positions 1
Position Type Full Time
Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group, a member of American Financial Group, is a Fortune 500 company consistently recognized as a top place to work. We combine a ‘small company’ culture where your ideas will be heard with ‘big company’ expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
Development and Implementation:
* Design, develop, test, debug, maintain, and document system components.
* Develop time estimates for project deliverables with the assistance from experienced developers.
* Collaborate with end users and project team members on development of requirements, design, and testing of applications.
* Advise manager of risks, issues, and concerns.
* Learn new software tools and skills as needed.
* Capable of raising up opportunities, enhancements, and process improvements.
* Production Support
* Assist customers and team members on issue resolution and problem solving.
* Assist team members in analysis, design, and testing of solutions.
* Participate in test planning, development, and execution for integration and system testing.
* Knowledge transfer to team members.
* Provide accurate and timely management status of work activity.
* Provide accurate and timely reporting of work hours.
* Establish an open relationship with customers, teammates, and other members of the organization.
* 5 or more years of related experience
Application Support and Development:
* Tech Stack of: JAVA, Spring Boot, XSLT, Oracle SQL, Maven, Jenkins, Cloud Development(12 factor)
* PCF (optional)
* Experience in Spring
* Provide production support, maintenance, and small to medium enhancement projects
* Provide support as needed for vendor’s off-shore technical team; e.g. run queries, obtain database backups, etc.
* Submit and own GAI Change Requests and verify software deployments
* Respond to and resolve system and customer reported incidents (break/fix)
* Familiar with SQL query language
* Familiar with Relational Database Concepts; SQL Server and Oracle
* Responsible for multiple data integration products
* Experience with tools such as SQL Developer and Eclipse
* Experience in Test Driven Development
* Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to work effectively with associates at all levels within the organization.
* Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, organize, and plan work to satisfy established timeframes.
* Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
* Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
* Must be self-motivated and take initiative.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.