Construction Scheduler/Project Manager
At Gilbane we’re building more than buildings, we’re helping create schools, hospitals, laboratories and other facilities across the United States and throughout the world that will be helping people live better for decades to come. As a fifth generation family business we’ve built the best team in the industry with a culture of caring that treats every one of our employees as a trusted member of the Gilbane family. We also invest in our employees’ education and have built Gilbane University into the top training organization in the construction industry. If you have the desire to make a real difference in people’s lives and become part of a growing organization that treats you like member of the family – you will feel right at home at Gilbane.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Project Manager/Scheduler serves as the on-site Gilbane manager responsible for supporting the overall direction, completion and financial outcome of a construction management project; supervises/mentors the project staff and handles project schedule.
Project Manager/Scheduler typical responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to the following:
* Provide leadership in motivating the project team and maintain a positive work environment
* Manage the project using established project controls and procedures
* Perform constructability and coordination reviews
* Communicate with owners, architects and subcontractors related to project risk, timetables, costs/budgets, and change management
* Perform pre-construction planning, scheduling and cost control
* Buy-out of job by determining the sub-contracting strategy for the project and preparing front-end documents and bid processes under various project delivery models
* Prepare monthly reports including cost, schedule, safety, cash flow, etc. for internal and/or external use
* Provide jobsite leadership in the area of safety and quality
* Prepare contingency plans for potential risks, expanding contractual services and project profit
* Manage and control all scheduling data through project management software (Primavera P6)
* Define and document project scope, guidelines, and coordination of resources to execute the project schedule
* Determine the critical paths required to meet the overall project completion date, modify critical paths based on prevailing conditions, and consult with project leadership teams to develop workarounds to overcome obstacles
* Participate in logistical and delivery and work force planning with project personnel, and incorporate into a CPM schedule
* Incorporate code and permitting issues in project schedules
* Prepare monthly project schedule updates including written narrative and custom reports as needed
* Establish and maintain complete and accurate project scheduling files required for assigned project, or required per regional requirements all schedule updates
* Read and translate Owner/CM contract to determine project controls deliverables
* Participate in Customer Expectations Process to ensure that client needs relative to project controls are identified
* Make recommendations concerning the project change process as it relates to schedule
* BS OR MS degree in Engineering or Construction Management
* 3-10 years of Project Management experience on projects valued at $50 million or larger
* Or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Strong technical and communication skills are critical
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Knowledge of Prolog, Microsoft Office, Primavera 6
Excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits, generous profit-sharing/401k plan, as well as technical and management training programs.
Gilbane is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Gilbane has an unwavering focus on safety, the environment and caring about everyone involved in our work.
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Gilbane is not accepting unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters at this time. #Gilbane
Melrose Park, Illinois, United States
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.