Employer is seeking an Embedded Systems Software Engineer to work in Washington, DC. The Software Engineer candidate will design and develop robotics and embedded systems software for space-based programs being developed at the Naval Research Laboratory located in Washington, D.C. The candidate will apply advanced embedded systems engineering and robotics expertise to a set of complex problems. Activities may include requirements analysis, interface definition and implementation, test support, creating engineering artifacts, attending high-visibility customer engagement meetings, etc.
External Referral Eligible
Position requires a Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience or a Master’s Degree with less than 2 years of experience. Additional experience can be considered in lieu of a degree.
– Design, develop, implement, and test embedded software in support of various spacecraft payloads being developed, including GNC and robotic systems
– Support all phases of the software development life cycle including: requirements analysis; design; implementation; test; and on-orbit operations
– Define and implement the software/hardware interfaces, bus-to-payload interfaces, and space-to-ground interfaces.
– Implement embedded software using C/C++
– Support all levels of flight software testing including Unit Testing, Integration & Testing, and Flight Software Qualification Testing.
– Support mission operations planning, ground control and on-orbit operations
– Work in a small-team environment that includes a variety of engineering disciplines (e.g., Systems, Electrical, Mechanical, Thermal, and Software))
Employer is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the worlds toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The companys 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Employer reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Employer with Lockheed Martin’s Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit ****************. The companys diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Employer will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.