Senior Java Full Stack Engineer
Cognizant Digital Engineering practice is looking to hire a motivated, and energetic software engineer responsible for delivering software using agile development practices with skill combination of Java, Spring Boot, Microservices, APIs, Cloud Platforms.
Cognizant Digital Practice helps clients reinvent products, experiences, and business models to create new value, differentiation, and drive revenue in the digital economy. We take an Experience centered approach which uses human insights to take ideas from vision to outcome and building end to end experience led solutions that enables brands to transform their customer and employee experiences using design, marketing, and commerce capabilities
Location: Hartford – CT (Hybrid)
You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future. Cognizant will not sponsor H-1B or other U.S. work authorization for this role.
· Responsible for delivering software using agile development practices with skill combination of Java, Spring Boot, Microservices, APIs, Cloud Platforms.
· Provide expertise in the full software development lifecycle delivering high-volume, low-latency, scalable and reliable applications.
· Write well-designed, testable, efficient code.
· Ensure design follows specifications and deliver superior engineering outcomes.
· Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review.
· Work in a team environment. Mentor and coach, the team members.
· Honing individual engineering competency using the available enablement programs.
· Participate actively in talent acquisition.
· Engage in team leadership and people management.
Total Experience 5 to 8 yrs
Technical Skills: Java, Amazon Web Services
· Core Java 1.8 + is mandatory. Strong in OOPS & PLSQL concepts.
· Strong experience in REST API, SOAP Services and concepts. Open API Standards/ Swagger API
· Experience in handling JSON, XML types. Good understanding in Data binding frameworks such as JAXB, Jackson and etc
· JUnit/ Mocking Framework/ Test Driven Development
· Experience in deploying application using JBOSS / Tomcat servers. Openshift Container Platform experience is plus.
· Experience in writing Karate Framework for API testing is mandatory.
· Ready API/ SOAP UI / Postman for Testing APIs Good understanding on the usage of UI components ( Angular, AWS )
· CI/CD – DevOps Experience – ( Jenkins V2, uDeploy)
Benefits: Cognizant offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements:
Paid holidays plus Paid Time Off
401(k) plan and contributions
Paid Parental Leave
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Disclaimer: Benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. Cognizant reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
Why Choose Cognizant?
It takes a lot to succeed in today’s fast-paced market, and Cognizant Technology Solutions has become a leader in the industry. We love big ideas and even bigger dreams. We stand out because we put human experiences at the core.
Our associates enjoy robust benefits and training opportunities from our industry recognized, award winning Academy team. You will have access to hundreds of technical trainings to keep your skillsets fresh and have opportunities to obtain certifications on the latest technologies.
If you’re comfortable with ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we’d love to hear from you!
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : May 05 2023
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.