CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
The Lead Sales Engineer is the technical lead on the federal account team, responsible for technical and business requirements discovery, telecommunications and CPE solution design/engineering/consulting, proposal preparation support and technical presentations to customers for CenturyLink’s full suite of products and solutions.
- Performs customer discovery discussions to understand and document business needs and design requirements necessary for the formulation of optimal solutions
- Creatively designs solutions for customers using the best mix of CenturyLink and vendor-partner products. Alters the design as needed to result in the customer choosing the CenturyLink solution
- Documents, via diagrams and writing, and presents the solution to the customer, describes the benefits of the solution
- Builds relationships with customers serving as the technical liaison from pre-sales to post-sales
- Responsible for growing Managed Security Services sales and revenue through proactive engagement with customers
- Participates in strategic and tactical account planning
- Follows industry technology trends through self-study and formal training and shares that knowledge with customers
- Clearly communicates the customer design to the teams responsible for ordering, implementation and ongoing support
- Provides technical training and development support to the local branch
- Leads internal cross-functional teams to obtain required approvals of non-standard designs for customers
- Prior experience as a Sales Engineer is required; with the skills and knowledge needed to be effective.
- Business and technical requirements discovery; ability to craft a solution based on those requirements
- Proposal Response including solution design and written response to technical requirements
- Previous experience federal sales engineering experience preferred • Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Customer premises communication (data, video, voice) equipment from major vendors
- IP routing and switching
- Internet and MPLS-VPN architecture
- Voice and VoIP technologies and products
- TDM, SONET and Ethernet technologies and products
- Data center infrastructure and networking **Strong Network Security Skills-Firewall, IDS/IPS, Cyber Defense
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or a related field and/or 6-10 years of equivalent experience in sales engineering, systems engineering (networking services, telephony, IP networking equipment), and/or sales
- Certifications: Security certifications CISSP, SANS or equivalent are preferred. Industry certifications for Cisco such as (CCDA, CCNA, CCIE) or Juniper (JNCIA/ENT) preferred
Alternate Location: US-Virginia-Herndon
Requisition #: 176044
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/113652 →