Technical Systems Specialist, Cyber Security College Of Engineering And Natural Sciences
Responsible for the day-to-day technology needs of the Master of Science in Cyber Security Professional Track program. Establishes, maintains, and supports network platforms and software technology including distance laboratories and virtual machine stack. Works closely with faculty, staff and students.
- Establishes, maintains and supports network platforms and software technology infrastructure for the program needs including distance laboratories and virtual machine stack.
- Assists faculty in digitizing course content providing technological, not pedagogical, support.
- Works with existing TU staff to support recording, production and editing of course content.
- Responds to questions about technical issues from online students (e.g., videos, synchronous sections, questions about virtual machine environments used in online labs).
- Supports and updates the program website for prospective and current students.
- Works with the Business Manager and faculty to ensure website content is accurate and up-to-date.
- Performs other tasks/duties as assigned or needed.
Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience; three or more years of experience in system administration, including the maintenance of virtual machine environments using VMWare, Linux, Puppet, and related network management; must be able to lead outside vendors and students in technology support activities; must be willing to learn and apply new technologies.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or closely related field or equivalent experience. Experience with Blackboard Learn, Virtual Box, Amazon Web Services, Azure, Nessus, and Wireshark preferred.
Hours: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
Occasionally, time outside normal hours will be required for support during immersive classes and for typical IT support.
The University of Tulsa seeks to recruit and retain talented students, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds. The University of Tulsa is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply. The University does not discriminate on the basis of personal status or group characteristic including, but not limited to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, ancestry, or marital status.
Please submit a cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three references to: The University of Tulsa, Office of Human Resources, 800 S. Tucker Drive, Tulsa, OK 74104 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (918) 631-3543. The review of applications will commence immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/107530 →