Our client on the west side of Cleveland, Ohio has an immediate need for a mid level Cisco/Network Administrator. This is a 6 month contract to hire position.
JOB SUMMARY: As part of the Infrastructure team within Information Technology, this position will provide advanced technical support for the network and server infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following outlines the essential functions of the position and is not considered a detailed description of all duties inherent in the position.
* Oversee and maintain the digital network infrastructure
* Design, implement, and maintain a secure network infrastructure based on policy
* Assume the lead role in managing the network hardware infrastructure (Routers, Switches, and wireless)
* Investigate, propose, and implement hardware and software upgrades for the campus network
* Meet with and manage outside vendors
* Prepare and continually update network diagrams and documentation related to network and server access, performance and status reports,
* and future planning strategies
* Manage Palo Alto Firewalls, Clearpass, splunk, StealthWatch, and other network software applications
* Analyze vulnerabilities in network infrastructure; take corrective action to reduce risk
* Provide for daily backup of all network hardware
* Support in the maintenance and upgrade of the network physical infrastructure (Copper, Fiber Optic, and Coax)
* Contribute to the development of goals, policies, and procedures for the department
* Assist other members of Infrastructure and the IT. staff on team projects
* Conduct timely communication with supervisor; relay all information and circumstances that affect plans and objectives
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in a rapidly-changing technology environment, with continuous development of new skills
* Maintain positive, professional, and productive relationships with Information Technology staff and other members of the organization
* Bachelor’s Degree in CIS or related field is required
* 5 years of network experience
* Experience in the installation and management of network monitoring systems
* Working knowledge of various operating systems (Linux, Windows) and virtualization (vSphere)
* Demonstrated skills in planning, organizing, and training
* Able to maintain professional working relationships
* Possess strong interpersonal skills
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE PALO ALTO AND CISCO WIRELESS EXPERIENCE. They want a Network Infrastructure Analyst that can manage changes, not necessarily handling the day to day workload. They want someone who understands Cisco wireless and how to manage the architecture and routing. Tuning up, finding out how they can make it better, able to plan for the next big change, and how it will work with their current network.
IF QUALIFIED AND INTERESTED, PLEASE SUBMIT A RESUME AND RATE/SALARY EXPECTATIONS USING THE LINK BELOW.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.